Creepy riders

Peach2u

Anyone else have a creepy rider story? My first creeper was at 1am last night. A long 23 mile ride. With the whole conversation centered on parking in the woods sex and killing me. With every other question do I carry? And if so where is it. Along with why can't I find a good woman. Lol. Here is your sign Buddy! As well as crossing personal space. He put his hand on the top of my head where I had all my hair pulled too. Just a large puff of hair. But was playing with the poof. Said he was looking for a weapon. Me, I'm driving please don't. Then the conversation got worse. I am a master conversation deflector. Kept things vague and changing topics often. But he always brought it back around to a dark side. Funny he lives in a very nice neighborhood 1 miles from my house. So the chances of seeing him again is high. I live in the woods.

Peach2u

Why u did not stop at gas station or any other spot where they have cameras and stuff and stop it right there?
I have a recorder in my car. And I can handle myself. Retired Seabee constructional mechanic. He was just a creepy drunk who was testing his boundaries.

Peach2u

What I'm saying is it would not have ended well if he tried. Tactical training has its perks. I was just wondering if anyone else has had a creepy rider. This is my first week and 134 ride.

MHR

You might be able to handle yourself but what about the next female driver he gets? Hell, what about the next male driver he gets?

What if he's just practicing for a real attempt? Seeing what he can get away with?

Report him if not for your safety then for the safety of the next driver.

DamseLinDistresS

What I'm saying is it would not have ended well if he tried. Tactical training has its perks. I was just wondering if anyone else has had a creepy rider. This is my first week and 134 ride.
Creepy riders?:oopsies::biggrin: With 2,165 rides, I'm thinking of making a big poster to place in my bedroom with all the those nice notes/comments that have been left by my totally not very creepy riders:rolleyes: I think red ink will be a nice touch.

Last edited:

mrpjfresh

I think the answer to this question is very different for male and female drivers. I have gone from driving a rich, retired couple to their beautiful mountain home to getting a sketchy tweaker doing a roundtrip to a dilapidated trailer the very next ride. This is just the nature of the Uber game. Just put yourself first and never be afraid to eject someone (or even trust your gut beforehand) for your safety.

sthriftybroke

Report it! I had a creep like that. Kept talking about having sex with me, asking me different sexual questions. I didn't know what to do so I just answered vaguely and got him to his destination. I reported it when I was done driving. Uber called me within 3 min and said I'd never be matched with that pax again.

ShinyAndChrome

I have a recorder in my car. And I can handle myself. Retired Seabee constructional mechanic. He was just a creepy drunk who was testing his boundaries.
I am a relatively strong male and I can't handle myself. Neither can you. I could pretty much render anybody immobile if I am behind them and I have a blade and they are trying to drive.

Moral of story: your passenger was downright terrifying and you should have gone to a gas station. It is all fun and games until it is not. He wildly crossed the line and a recorder won't help you if you are being assaulted.

He should be reported to the rideshare company in no uncertain terms. That uncomfortable feeling you get around certain people is your instincts telling you danger danger. Do not ignore them.

Report it! I had a creep like that. Kept talking about having sex with me, asking me different sexual questions. I didn't know what to do so I just answered vaguely and got him to his destination. I reported it when I was done driving. Uber called me within 3 min and said I'd never be matched with that pax again.
Isnt that nice. So a rider can incorrectly report you for being drunk and you get banned. But if one is talking about sex with you the response is that it will never get paired with him again. I doubt uber even bothered to call him to get his story (they should and if detect creepy tell Him he is banned and if he uses an alternate id they will seek damages in court).

UberBastid

I am a relatively strong male and I can't handle myself. Neither can you. I could pretty much render anybody immobile if I am behind them and I have a blade and they are trying to drive.

Moral of story: your passenger was downright terrifying and you should have gone to a gas station. It is all fun and games until it is not. He wildly crossed the line and a recorder won't help you if you are being assaulted.

He should be reported to the rideshare company in no uncertain terms. That uncomfortable feeling you get around certain people is your instincts telling you danger danger. Do not ignore them.

Isnt that nice. So a rider can incorrectly report you for being drunk and you get banned. But if one is talking about sex with you the response is that it will never get paired with him again. I doubt uber even bothered to call him to get his story (they should and if detect creepy tell Him he is banned and if he uses an alternate id they will seek damages in court).
Agree with every part of this post.
Have a plan; practice it as much as you can.

I carry a very small derringer in my shirt pocket, I have practiced drawing and firing into the back seat (dry fire of course).
When driving a cab in San Francisco in 1975ish I had a young Hispanic male get in the front seat with me and produce a revolver handgun. Gave me instructions to drive to the docks ... not good. He wasn't going to just rob me, I decided. It was like slow motion. I came to the conclusion that we were BOTH going to Hell at the same time. Got going about 40 MPH and drove, high center, into a telephone pole. I got pretty bunged up spent a week in the hospital with crushed chest, he went through the windshield.
He lived; but he was paralyzed from neck down.
I stuck to my story -- it was an accident. I was upset because he was robbing me and lost control. No charges. No need for lawyer.

ShinyAndChrome

Agree with every part of this post.
Have a plan; practice it as much as you can.

I carry a very small derringer in my shirt pocket, I have practiced drawing and firing into the back seat (dry fire of course).
When driving a cab in San Francisco in 1975ish I had a young Hispanic male get in the front seat with me and produce a revolver handgun. Gave me instructions to drive to the docks ... not good. He wasn't going to just rob me, I decided. It was like slow motion. I came to the conclusion that we were BOTH going to Hell at the same time. Got going about 40 MPH and drove, high center, into a telephone pole. I got pretty bunged up spent a week in the hospital with crushed chest, he went through the windshield.
He lived; but he was paralyzed from neck down.
I stuck to my story -- it was an accident. I was upset because he was robbing me and lost control. No charges. No need for lawyer.
Instincts also correct. I recall reading some analysis that people who are told at threat of immediate death (eg gunpoint) to go with a stranger somewhere have much better odds if they call the assailants's bluff and deny compliance. If they are willing to kill you for not going somewhere you can be very sure they were going to do it if you went along and they are in more of their comfort zone.

KellyC

Anyone else have a creepy rider story? My first creeper was at 1am last night. A long 23 mile ride. With the whole conversation centered on parking in the woods sex and killing me. With every other question do I carry? And if so where is it. Along with why can't I find a good woman. Lol. Here is your sign Buddy! As well as crossing personal space. He put his hand on the top of my head where I had all my hair pulled too. Just a large puff of hair. But was playing with the poof. Said he was looking for a weapon. Me, I'm driving please don't. Then the conversation got worse. I am a master conversation deflector. Kept things vague and changing topics often. But he always brought it back around to a dark side. Funny he lives in a very nice neighborhood 1 miles from my house. So the chances of seeing him again is high. I live in the woods.
If you haven't already, change that guy's rating to 1 or 2 stars so you won't get matched with him again.

Spotscat

He wouldn't have happened to have been from Apple Valley, Minnesota, would he?

:biggrin: