Creepy Night Before New Years

CStarzzSelect

So I was still new to Uber at this time, I was like 3 weeks old, lol. Picked up a guy from Cape Coral, FL, verified the name, guy says "nick" (in a deep rugged voice). Please keep in mind it was like 11:00 at night, he was wearing a hoodie that covered his face, and he did not say a word through the whole trip. When I was pulling up to his drop off location, he asked me to stop the car in the middle of the road, turn off my head lights, and do not stop directly in front of the drop off, just pull up a little. He then got off the car, and before i could swipe complete, he asked me to stay and wait, emphasising to not turn on my head lights. So i actually waited, because i was a new driver, and i didn't want to lose my job with Uber so quickly. At this point i was pooping bricks, because we were in one of the worst neighborhoods in my area, and this guy was creepy. Roughly 10 mins passed, and I was still waiting, the guy knocked on my window to unlock the doors, he go in, and said "take me back, but don't turn on your lights until we are away from this location." I did as i was told, and we were off again. I got back to his pick-up location and he got off, slamming the door.

I never found out what that was about, but im sure what ever it was, it was bad.

Stripzip

Drug deal. End with a one star and GO!

Jeff Sessions has made it easier than ever for your local police to take your car forever.

Doesn't matter if you were aware or not, "drugs were in your car" will be the way it goes....

PTUber

He'd be lucky if it was a drug deal sounds like something else to me. When they ask to wait you can either decline "Its busy I have other rides to do" (which in this case is exactly what I would do) or maximum say you can wait 5 minutes then you will end the trip and they can get another Uber. Either way send Uber a note explaining you were uncomfortable with the rider rate a 1 and you wont get him again.

CStarzzSelect

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So if I feel insecure about anything, should I just cancel the ride as soon as they get out, and leave them? Like I have dealt with so much all because I want my 5 stars, like i stay nice even after being called horrible things, because the rider was wasted, or because they noticed my voice was a little different call me the F word. Girls with there feel out my windows, throwing things out my car window all for the dang 5-stars that i want.

Last week had a lady that wanted UberSELECT service for UberX price, she was calling me names, and she was just being a *see you next tuesday*.....she took a lot from my bins, her ride was $4.34 i got no tip, and she said that maybe if i was american i would understand how to better do my job. mind you i speak perfect English, have no accent, and was born in the US. It's been some crazy rides that ive had. But ive just held out till the end.

Now I know to just drop the ride, and dip.

He'd be lucky if it was a drug deal sounds like something else to me. When they ask to wait you can either decline "Its busy I have other rides to do" (which in this case is exactly what I would do) or maximum say you can wait 5 minutes then you will end the trip and they can get another Uber. Either way send Uber a note explaining you were uncomfortable with the rider rate a 1 and you wont get him again.

I sent Uber a break drown of what happened. They said they weren't going to pair him with me every again, but does this mean that they car, or they just wanna make me feel ok about what happened, and continue to let him do "drug deals?" idk if it was that, but yeah.

RynoHawk

If you are at the destination he requested to get out at no need to cancel, just "Drop Off Nick" and end the ride and rate 1*. Send the "Issue with fare" report that the rider made you feel uncomfortable.

Pay more attention to the riders rating before you accept as well. Riders like what you described tend to have dismal ratings.

Cableguynoe

So I was still new to Uber at this time, I was like 3 weeks old, lol. Picked up a guy from Cape Coral, FL, verified the name, guy says "nick" (in a deep rugged voice). Please keep in mind it was like 11:00 at night, he was wearing a hoodie that covered his face, and he did not say a word through the whole trip. When I was pulling up to his drop off location, he asked me to stop the car in the middle of the road, turn off my head lights, and do not stop directly in front of the drop off, just pull up a little. He then got off the car, and before i could swipe complete, he asked me to stay and wait, emphasising to not turn on my head lights. So i actually waited, because i was a new driver, and i didn't want to lose my job with Uber so quickly. At this point i was pooping bricks, because we were in one of the worst neighborhoods in my area, and this guy was creepy. Roughly 10 mins passed, and I was still waiting, the guy knocked on my window to unlock the doors, he go in, and said "take me back, but don't turn on your lights until we are away from this location." I did as i was told, and we were off again. I got back to his pick-up location and he got off, slamming the door.

I never found out what that was about, but im sure what ever it was, it was bad.
Someone is probably dead, and you drove the gateway car.

CStarzzSelect

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Like I said, I did tell Uber everything that happened, yes they said that they would never pair him with me again, but I wonder if they even fixed the situation. Like I wonder if they even contacted him, or went through the ride pattern, or did anything

Spotscat

He'd be lucky if it was a drug deal sounds like something else to me.
CIA? NSA? KGB? Mossad?

My guess is that it was someone from an inpatient weight loss clinic who snuck out in the middle of the night for a bucket of chicken or a pizza.

You know how it can be when you want a deep-dish supreme with extra cheese!

He had a bad case of in-som-nom-nom-nom-nia...

:biggrin:

Last edited:

freddieman

Next time u'll be sure to say, "ok....ill wait.....*end ride*....vrrooooooomm!"

Someone is probably dead, and you drove the gateway car.
I'm thinking he stole something.