• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Creepy hall monitor drivers

Matt Uterak

I’ve driven in 2 different markets.

I’ve seen and dealer with autistic hall monitor drivers in both.

They have vehicles with multiple trade dress signs, light up signs and the like. They try to bully other riders and poach passengers.

Two local ones here tell drivers they aren’t allowed to park next to them (small downtown area of 6 blocks).

I can’t believe anyone gets in their vehicles. I’d cancel the moment I saw their clown cars.

nosurgenodrive

They have vehicles with multiple trade dress signs, light up signs and the like. They try to bully other riders and poach passengers.

Two local ones here tell drivers they aren’t allowed to park next to them (small downtown area of 6 blocks).

I can’t believe anyone gets in their vehicles. I’d cancel the moment I saw their clown cars.
Rideshare tends to attract the unemployable. I look forward to the day this changes.

IR12

People only do what we allow them to do. **********How about that?*********

touberornottouber

Since my market does not require them I always roll my eyes when I see drivers driving during the day with light up signs and lots of rideshare stickers all over.

In my head I always mock them, "I just paid $30,000 for my new Uber vehicle. Now I'm getting rich getting $3 rides for $6 an hour! WOOHOO! Uber rocks!! Time to buy another light up sign!"

^ The above is actually how a lot of new drivers are for the first month or two. It's sickening.

Matt Uterak

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
My son has autism. I'm well aware of the behaviors and symptoms.

Additionally, I really don't appreciate you using the word in a denigrating way.

Is it just autism that makes you uncomfortable, or are you equally demeaning to all disabilities across the board?
I don’t care what you appreciate.

Matt Uterak

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good point. My mistake for not recognizing narcissistic bullying behavior for what it is, and thinking a dialogue might be possible. Won't happen again.
Your need for others to frame @@@@@@ation and austism your way is the Narcissm.

The expanded definition of autism renders the diagnosis meaningless.

Older Chauffeur

Good point. My mistake for not recognizing narcissistic bullying behavior for what it is, and thinking a dialogue might be possible. Won't happen again.
One of my grandsons has Asperger’s Syndrome, and has just finished his second year in college toward a degree in computer science. He’s had his share of bullying over the years.:frown:

OldBay

This just confirms that wearing trade dress is a bad idea. Nothing good comes from people being able to look at your car and see you are driving UL.
Post automatically merged:

One of my grandsons has Asperger’s Syndrome, and has just finished his second year in college toward a degree in computer science. He’s had his share of bullying over the years.:frown:
I wish parents would not send their aspies into my field. The problem with computer work is that a larger % than normal are "on the spectrum." Working with emotionally deficient people is a real headache. Because they are a member of your family and know you, they may not seem that bad, but the way they react to non-family members is completely different.

I am not for bullying, in fact I have seen aspies join in and mob other employees. They generally don't know right from wrong and tend to imitate the other people around them, so they amplify bad work environments. Aspies are not meek and harmless, often they are painfully boorish, arrogant, and bully others.

Aspies should be limited to manual labor, even if they are "smart enough" to do intellectual work.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah, I am with SuzeCB on this. As I don't see any signs in what You wrote about other people that says They have autism.
Militantly refusing to allow other uber drivers to park near them is definitely a "spectrum" behavior.

Last edited: