Creepiest driver harassment story I have read

Beur

I agree anything that was mentioned here is possible, however it doesn't change the fact that this is why doing this is not allowed. The problem is not on the minor if he is gay or doesn't realize this isn't right or knows it isn't right and is afraid or embarrassed or ashamed to say anything. The issue remains on them to update the driver agreement, apparently and get rid of any loopholes some drivers are desperate to keep available.
This is the exact reason I don't pickup minors, the risk is too big. This driver now has to clear his name, guilty until proven innocent in these cases, if the accusations are false.

I'd sure be interested in hearing the recorded phone call between mother and driver that was mentioned in the email chi1cabby posted.

5 Star Guy

I take it the drivers who used to take minors alone get it now and they do not have children. It isn't you or people on here but people need to realize and think, you don't know who your driver is.

Sacto Burbs

Texting isn't a crime. Regarding the in person encounters it is a he-said-he-said. Kid has to put himself on the line to get Police to act - best he can do is get a restraining order.

Beur

The issue is, the kid is a MINOR.
This is an issue of criminal statutory HARASSMENT.
Doesnt matter whether the kid is gay, straight, or willing.
Well, considering the age of consent in NC is 16, there's no statutory anything.

And to be clear I said the behavior by the driver was inappropriate, but that doesn't change the fact that this story doesn't pass the sniff test.

tohunt4me

So charlotte uses real cell numbers? Unless driver never took another trip he can't text the teen for 3 days

And how did he find him on Instagram, just by scrolling through thousands of pics?

Also, seems like driver was still able to text the teen after 5 months.Did the teen give him his cell number?

Im sure nobody wants to pay attention to what I stated, I know everyone wants Uber to burn, but the info as given isn't passing the sniff test
The 17 year old only mentioned it to his mother after he forgot his phone and she saw the messages ?
Something isn't adding up here.
What a queer story . . .

Fuzzyelvis

The issue is, the kid is a MINOR.
This is an issue of criminal statutory HARASSMENT.
Doesnt matter whether the kid is gay, straight, or willing.
The story would be no different if he were 18. It's harassment/stalking either way but the actual issue is not his minor status. The driver may not even know he's 18. Since he has his own account the driver would possibly just assume he IS 18. He may look older for all we know and he may have lied about his age.

And as someone else said we don't know the whole stiry.

Bart McCoy

Wow Bart, you have a thing for 17 year old boys ehh?
Didnt think this thread could get any more creepy.
Im out.
What a stupid reach. Just because I state the law doesn't mean I have a thing for kids, that's ignorant. Beur says the same thing in post #27 but you skip over it and hate on me. I think your hate for me is more than Uber and you proved it, sad case here

Jam Val

If you search Twitter for "uber Charlotte", you'll find the kid tweeting to uber multiple times and he attaches the text messages.

Beur

If you search Twitter for "uber Charlotte", you'll find the kid tweeting to uber multiple times and he attaches the text messages.
Must have to do this from desktop, nothing shows up on mobile.

Maybe you could link us to one of his tweets.