Uber Drivers Forum banner
1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  hangarcat 
#1 ·
With 2 wks ofndriving under my belt I have been calling it quits at around 1am when it's busy. I usually stay in Miami Beach. Last night I decided to spend some time in fort Lauderdale, wow what an experience. it felt like cops are there to babysit college kids and keep them from jumping in front of cars doing their antics. Saw several kids plastered on the floor, had an suv literally try to run me off the road, and saw some crazy drunken driver swirving through traffic (seabreeze Rd) with his door open. Eventually, after hitting several cars he smashed into a stop sign. That's when I knew it was time to call it a night.

As much as I've complained about crazy drivers in South Beach I have to say that Im starting to feel safer in South Beach and down A1A since many are Uber and taxi drivers.

One more gripe, after seeing that craziness, why would anyone ride their bike on A1A at night???? Seriously!!! Do these people have a death wish??? The sidewalks are usually not busy why not use them? I wanna think these people are perhaps tourist who just don't know better.

I've decided I'm going to try to periscope because honestly just when i thought I had seen it all people's stupidity never ceases to amaze me.

See less See more
#6 ·
With 2 wks ofndriving under my belt I have been calling it quits at around 1am when it's busy. I usually stay in Miami Beach. Last night I decided to spend some time in fort Lauderdale, wow what an experience. it felt like cops are there to babysit college kids and keep them from jumping in front of cars doing their antics. Saw several kids plastered on the floor, had an suv literally try to run me off the road, and saw some crazy drunken driver swirving through traffic (seabreeze Rd) with his door open. Eventually, after hitting several cars he smashed into a stop sign. That's when I knew it was time to call it a night.

As much as I've complained about crazy drivers in South Beach I have to say that Im starting to feel safer in South Beach and down A1A since many are Uber and taxi drivers.

One more gripe, after seeing that craziness, why would anyone ride their bike on A1A at night???? Seriously!!! Do these people have a death wish??? The sidewalks are usually not busy why not use them? I wanna think these people are perhaps tourist who just don't know better.

I've decided I'm going to try to periscope because honestly just when i thought I had seen it all people's stupidity never ceases to amaze me.
Didja ever wonder what brain surgeon thought it was a good idea for bicycles and cars to share the street? Against the law not long ago.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.