1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Craziest stories about other drivers that you have heard from passengers?

Discussion in 'Stories' started by touberornottouber, Jul 12, 2017.

1. lesh11

lesh11 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Here's hoping he had an automatic transmission.

Jufkii likes this.
  2. Fuber in their faces

Fuber in their faces Well-Known Member

Lol I got stuck once with a dip cone from DQ...fresh, chocolate wasn't even solid yet. Got a ping 2 minutes away. I drive a 5speed Volvo...so it is exactly how you imagined. I didn't lick my fingers tho...napkins.

Jufkii and lesh11 like this.
  3. JesusisLord777

JesusisLord777 Active Member

I picked up a lady once, that lived in an apartment complex that happened to be near a freeway.

I think that the address that Uber was showing the driver was correct, (meaning if he had gone to that address he would have easily found the entrance to the complex,) but the pin was somewhere between the building she was in, and the highway.

She told me that the Uber driver pulled over on the freeway and asked where she was, and when she explained her location the driver tried to get her to climb over her fence and walk over to his car on the freeway.

She declined, partly due to the fact that she was dressed up to go to a special function, and was wearing heels.

UberKevPA, MadTownUberD and LAS0023 like this.
  4. Rakos

Rakos Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    OMG....seriously...thats just plain stupid

Lantawood likes this.
  5. JesusisLord777

JesusisLord777 Active Member

Indeed. Also... Once the driver did pick her up he pleaded with her to get 5 stars. I think she told me that she gave him 4.

6. swingset

swingset Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    One of my pax told me her driver looked like a homeless guy, in a really ratty car. As they're heading towards the destination, he asks her if she'll buy him something to eat because he's been working 10 hours and he can't afford food. She was so nervous she told him yes and bought him some McDonald's. Said she didn't take another Uber for months because of it.

UberKevPA and touberornottouber like this.
  7. empresstabitha

empresstabitha Active Member

Was told about a driver who had tons of different bags hanging from their car ceiling. All with different types of cooked foods and candies.

Have been told several times of drivers who don't speak English dropping oeotple iff in random locations.

touberornottouber likes this.
  8. NorCalPhil

NorCalPhil Well-Known Member

Tell your dad to follow you in his car. After picking up a pax, go a few turns and say "Hey man, we're being followed. That car has been shadowing us since I picked you up." Demand to know from the pax what he's into, who is following him. Search the sky for the helicopter. You KNOW it's there somewhere. Cry a little and start shaking... "I just want to go home to my family" you say. Through all his denials, give him an out. Play good driver. "I'll loose this tail, but you gotta give me a tip or something..."

Sure to be a funny story in there somewhere.

mrpjfresh, MadTownUberD and Jufkii like this.
  9. MadTownUberD

MadTownUberD Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    ROFL. You get an A+ for creativity.

10. Woohaa

Woohaa Well-Known Member

Had an elder pax tell me that he got into the car of an Uber driver & the guy started to drive before he could put on his seatbelt. The pax asked the driver to stop until he could put on his seatbelt. The driver replies 'no, it's my car.'

Pax said he told the driver to pull over so he could get out. Cancelled and ordered a Lyft.

11. MadTownUberD

MadTownUberD Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I am having to tell people to buckle their seat belts (well ask politely) about half the time. To my knowledge I have never been down rated for it. I think people just forget or think the car has special privileges or something.

12. PTUber

PTUber Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Once heard from the PAX they were picked up by a couple the boyfriend was driving because the girlfriend was drunk and she was the registered Uber driver.

G Trip likes this.
  13. Kayla J. Modschiedler

Kayla J. Modschiedler New Member

I saw a driver here in town driving one of those POS beat up ex cop car/taxicab car. When I saw that I though "wow uber really has hit the skidz"
    :