Crappiest Saturday Since I Started

KellieP83

I've started wondering if my app is buggy! These canceled rides have been a mere 3-5 minutes from me. One of them I even arrived at and it was a dead end road in the middle of nowhere and the rider canceled! I get pinged straight away again, 1 min in and this person canceled too! 20 mins before I was half way to another pick up and they canceled. I've only had 2 successful rides tonight. It's Saturday, I'm normally pretty busy. For the first time I've really sat and questioned why I'm bothering. It's been 5 weeks since I started and it's getting slower and slower each week. I'm in the middle of surge areas quite often and I rarely get a ping for it, instead uber sends me 10 mins out of the way to somewhere else. They sent me a message saying they can see I'm getting pinged quite far out and will work on changing that but it was a generic message and nothing has changed. I accept them because I'm not getting much business anymore so I may as well take what I can get, but they rarely ping me in the surges, so I'm staring to resent it. Yeah, I'm getting bitter

Attachments

MiddleClassedOut

You were probably being requested off by another driver desperate to get any business. It's slow everywhere in the summer, people are desperate.

Just do the same thing to them. Request cars to areas far from you, set a timer for 4 minutes and cancel so you don't get a cancel fee.

Yeah, it's unethical. But the whole system which doesn't restrict the number of drivers is also unethical and that's what you're dealing with.

The taxi medallion system came into existence for a reason - so everyone could get a fair piece of the pie by limiting the number of drivers.

Jufkii

I've started wondering if my app is buggy! These canceled rides have been a mere 3-5 minutes from me. One of them I even arrived at and it was a dead end road in the middle of nowhere and the rider canceled! I get pinged straight away again, 1 min in and this person canceled too! 20 mins before I was half way to another pick up and they canceled. I've only had 2 successful rides tonight. It's Saturday, I'm normally pretty busy. For the first time I've really sat and questioned why I'm bothering. It's been 5 weeks since I started and it's getting slower and slower each week. I'm in the middle of surge areas quite often and I rarely get a ping for it, instead uber sends me 10 mins out of the way to somewhere else. They sent me a message saying they can see I'm getting pinged quite far out and will work on changing that but it was a generic message and nothing has changed. I accept them because I'm not getting much business anymore so I may as well take what I can get, but they rarely ping me in the surges, so I'm staring to resent it. Yeah, I'm getting bitter
"Big Demand. Huge Earnings Tonight" Ubers text messages say. As usual their text's are wrong.

Heavyduty59

You were probably being requested off by another driver desperate to get any business. It's slow everywhere in the summer, people are desperate.

Just do the same thing to them. Request cars to areas far from you, set a timer for 4 minutes and cancel so you don't get a cancel fee.

Yeah, it's unethical. But the whole system which doesn't restrict the number of drivers is also unethical and that's what you're dealing with.

The taxi medallion system came into existence for a reason - so everyone could get a fair piece of the pie by limiting the number of drivers.
Hi, I notice that Too. I had another driver request ride 14mins from the surge away from the area. Very Dirty move if you ask me.

Hi, I notice that Too. I had another driver request ride 14mins from the surge away from the area. Very Dirty move if you ask me.
At this point Satan's minions have taken all the taxi business they're going to get, but Satan just keeps piling on the cars and now the caliber of the people willing to illegal cab drive is coming out. You are all your own worst enemies. This garbage didn't work 100 years ago and it's not going to work now just because there's an app. This is why taxis are so highly regulated. Have no fear, Satan's businesses always collapse. It is the grand finale to commit maximum destruction and take down everyone involved (remember Enron). Btw, there is one certainty and that is Satan is incapable of telling the truth so everything that is told to you is a lie. Use that information to figure out the truth and act accordingly.

This system changed my post. I used the word gypsy in front of cab driving and it changed it to illegal. This is not the same. Gypsy simply means pretending to be a taxi driver whether legal or illegal.

LyftLadySac

Wow the same thing happened to me yesterday too! 2 canceled rides right when I got to their address and there was hardly any pings yesterday, Saturday for some reason. I have not had a Sat. Like that before. Do other drivers really request a ride and then cancel to get drivers out of the area? Whoa!!

Well at least they bothered to get back to you one way or the other but yeah mine was pretty slow Saturday 2 in my area

Stray cat

At this point Satan's minions have taken all the taxi business they're going to get, but Satan just keeps piling on the cars and now the caliber of the people willing to illegal cab drive is coming out. You are all your own worst enemies. This garbage didn't work 100 years ago and it's not going to work now just because there's an app. Satan is incapable of telling the truth so everything that is told to you is a lie. Use that information to figure out the truth and act accordingly.
I hadn't realized there was ride-hailing competition in 1916. I wonder if the Model T drivers did dirty to the horse and carriage drivers.

phillipzx3

I hadn't realized there was ride-hailing competition in 1916. I wonder if the Model T drivers did dirty to the horse and carriage drivers.
Cabs back in the day were electric, not Model T Fords. The first speeding ticket was given to an electric (battery powered) cab......so the story goes.

Fords wife owned an electric car.