Crap rating will they delist me

Karem

Man don't worry about. You just have few rides. The rating fluctuate a lot in the first 500 rides. Just keep driving. Actually your rate isn't that bad.

uberpoolfool

4.57 at 750 rides. I was 4.75 (max) at about 300 rides

I refuse aux cable, cigarette stops at convenience stores, turn by turn instructions from pax, or stops on bike lane/no stopping, thats why my ratings have dropped. Nowadays though, I'm cancelling if I suspect BS....
I tell pax, I just don't care, so you should too....

PoorBasterd

The average rating for ALL drivers in the GTA...not just the top 20% Uber compares you to, is 4.65. Don't sweat it, you're actually doing OK. My rating has hovered around 4.63 for the year and a half I've been driving and I'm still on the road. (though I've recently suspended my driving over a large fare Uber hasn't credited to my account. )

Last edited:

Salman

I have completed over 4k trip and the highest rating I have ever achieved is 4.64! Aslong as your rating is avobe 4.5 you are fine.

RasAlGhul

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You must drive a lot of frat boys then. Not that I believe the brown or black comment, but the math doesn't add up if you say you usually get five stars.
Near McMaster uni and Hamilton people are where my rating gets trashed nasty city

Myxx

I am white and I live in downtown Toronto which based on the demographics makes me a visible minority.. and I'm still hovering in the 4.9+ ratings area since i started driving 2100+ rides ago

Uberchampion

It's uber stats; uber alwayd argues that not starting tips is because black and brown drivers will get less tips than white drivers
I'm not Caucasian but my rating is pretty decent.

I think bad ratings have more to do with a drivers command of the english language and demeanor. Based on some of the comments I've read here it's almost like some drivers treat pax as the enemy:smiles::wink:

Here are my tips to a good rating.

1. Smile and greet the pax by name.
  2. Read the news so you can carry a conversation (avoid politics and religion as topics)
  3. Make up a good story as to why you drive uber.
  4. Shower daily and don't look sloppy
  5. Keep your car decent and smelling good (fabreeze car air freshener gets me lots of compliments)
  6. Know when to talk and when to stfu.
  7. Don't diss uber to pax. We all know how shitty it is.
  8. Don't drive angry - take a break if your wife/kids/friends etc have pissed you off.
  9. Try hard not to fart in your car:rolleyes:
  10. Be a nice person.
  11. Kick out rude, demeaning or rasist pax immediately. (You're self esteem is worth more that the couple of bucks you'll make)
As stupid as it is, people are not just paying for the ride..they are paying for the "Uber" experience. I'm no expert but I can say that this stuff works for me.

Now my tips are only for those who care about ratings. If you don't care about them, power to you and Uber on.

Manhoos

I'm not Caucasian but my rating is pretty decent.

I think bad ratings have more to do with a drivers command of the english language and demeanor. Based on some of the comments I've read here it's almost like some drivers treat pax as the enemy:smiles::wink:

Here are my tips to a good rating.

1. Smile and greet the pax by name.
  2. Read the news so you can carry a conversation (avoid politics and religion as topics)
  3. Make up a good story as to why you drive uber.
  4. Shower daily and don't look sloppy
  5. Keep your car decent and smelling good (fabreeze car air freshener gets me lots of compliments)
  6. Know when to talk and when to stfu.
  7. Don't diss uber to pax. We all know how shitty it is.
  8. Don't drive angry - take a break if your wife/kids/friends etc have pissed you off.
  9. Try hard not to fart in your car:rolleyes:
  10. Be a nice person.
  11. Kick out rude, demeaning or rasist pax immediately. (You're self esteem is worth more that the couple of bucks you'll make)
As stupid as it is, people are not just paying for the ride..they are paying for the "Uber" experience. I'm no expert but I can say that this stuff works for me.

Now my tips are only for those who care about ratings. If you don't care about them, power to you and Uber on.
All your tips are awesome and do work.. Everyone should follow these.
But you cannot minus colour and race perception... These 2 things will definitely affect ratings..