• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Craig from Myrtle Beach tried to scam me

RamzFanz

Hey buddy!

Remember that great ride? No? That's because you didn't give it.

You see, Craig tried to scam me because he erroneously thought I was in a difficult pickup area and might be a low paying ride.

Craig was wrong. We, my daughters and I, walked 2 blocks out of the mayhem and were on a wide open street, great pickup spot, easy U-turn, and no traffic. I had it all laid out for you Craig.

Craig, however, tried to pull the "I'm going to wait 5 minutes then slowly drive away from you so you'll cancel" scam. This, I saw, was a good teaching moment for my teens. "You see, girls" I said "Craig is a scammer. Craig wants to steal from me. He's trying to get me to cancel so he'll get paid for nothing. He could have ignored the ping, but he didn't."

"What we're going to do in return is shop in this nice store, we wanted to anyways, and waste his time and money."

After about 30 minutes of pissing away his time and money, Craig decides to come our way. I see he's pulled over and then, you guessed it, he calls and asks for the destination.

"You can't ask that Craig." Say I

"So, you're not going to tell me?" Craig mumbles

"No, Craig, no I'm not, you're not allowed to ask."

As expected, Craig cancels. The ride goes straight to another driver 2 minutes away who made $12 for 10 minutes of honest work. Too bad you're a scammer Craig, it was easy money. However, I did enjoy the cat and mouse, that you lost, and that Cory got the $$ for an easy job.

Next time I've decided to give the scammer a huge destination and then, after they arrive, tell them I've changed my mind and we're going home. No tip of course, report, and 1 star.

Oh, and I reported your scam to Uber. It took three emails with idiots, but I persevered. You're welcome.

Last edited:

Uberfunitis

I try and teach passengers how to deal with scammers like you encountered. Very good job hopefully others will follow and put a stop to these scamming ways of a minority of drivers.

1974toyota

Hey buddy!

You see, Craig tried to scam me because he erroneously thought I was in a difficult pickup area and might be a low paying ride.

Craig was wrong. We, my daughters and I, walked 2 blocks out of the mayhem and were on a wide open street, great pickup spot, easy U-turn, and no traffic. I had it all laid out for you Craig.

Craig, however, tried to pull the "I'm going to wait 5 minutes then slowly drive away from you so you'll cancel" scam. This, I saw, was a good teaching moment for my teens. "You see, girls" I said "Craig is a scammer. Craig wants to steal from me. He's trying to get me to cancel so he'll get paid for nothing. He could have ignored the ping, but he didn't."

"What we're going to do in return is shop in this nice store, we wanted to anyways, and waste his time and money."

After about 30 minutes of pissing away his time and money, Craig decides to come our way. I see he's pulled over and then, you guessed it, he calls and asks for the destination.

As expected, Craig cancels. The ride goes straight to another driver 2 minutes away who made $12 for 10 minutes of honest work. Too bad you're a scammer Craig, it was easy money. However, I did enjoy the cat and mouse, that you lost, and that Cory got the $$ for an easy job.

Next time I've decided to give the scammer a huge destination and then, after they arrive, tell them I've changed my mind and we're going home. No tip of course, report, and 1 star.

Oh, and I reported your scam to Uber. It took three emails with idiots, but I persevered. You're welcome.
OK so you'll get a guy making 4$ an hr fired? He'll be replace by 6 more drivers,JMO

Hey buddy!

Did you ever make an attempt to call or text Craig, or were you playing the Mexican standoff game?

tohunt4me

You Know
The rides will Cost a Lot More
When the ROBOTS DRIVE.

DID YOU TIP YOUR HUMAN DRIVER ?

( did he make an illegal U turn ?)

Next time it will be Chahid who does not know English.
But is looking for a third wife to join the group . . . explain Him to your daughter. As a lesson.
His 2nd wife was 12 when he married her.

Boblovette

To the original poster..

Just so you know this Uber platform here in Myrtle Beach allows cars that are very old, I believe currently the oldest is 2004. When you have okder vehicles things tend to happen more frequently. With that in mind I would just like to say that I don't think it is fair for you to call him a thief, or a liar or any other sladerous name because you're under suspision. To me it sounds like you're a master at the Uber hoops to get free rides and it is you who are stealing. Not to mention what you described will not get a driver fired unless they've habitually offended it.
Sometimes the marker on the map for the driver ends up a block away, however it sounds like he was right near the pickup spot.
Why couldn't you flag the driver down or call him to get your daughter's off the street? Because the waiting game was worth the cancellation fee refund and a couple free rides for the "Hassel" ?
Yeah you sound like a 4.78 @@@@@@@ rider. That's what you are. You taught your kids how to get angry over $5. Maybe you don't make too much money, and maybe the driver didn't want bed bugs from the Viking motel where you refused to come down and catch your ride.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bus Bozo Philadelphia 6
JimKE Miami 1
KellyC Complaints 3