1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Cracked Screen Repair 6s

Discussion in 'San Francisco' started by RedoBeach, Oct 9, 2016.

1. RedoBeach

RedoBeach

Does anyone know of a good place to get the screen replaced on my IPhone 6s? When I say good, I mean cheap.. (Cheaper than the standard $140 I've seen and not compromising quality parts/labor).

I just repaired the screen on my old 5s at Stonestown booth and they did a great job, but the newer IPhone screens are a lot more expensive. Hoping to find someone within SF or close by.

While I'm at it, can anyone recommend a solid screen protector for a clutz like me? Supposedly the one I had was hammer proof, (especially considering I had a full case with rubber bumper on it too) but while the screen protector remained in tact, the face of my phone shattered upon dropping it on flat concrete.

Frœsty likes this.
  2. Typical Uber pax trying to get the service as cheap as possible.

Only you....could break the screen and not the protector. You, ma'am, are impressive.

(Hehehehehe)

3. do you have Apple Care? they'll replace it for $30 if you do!

RedoBeach likes this.
  4. manuella

manuella

Driving:
    UberX
    It's 99$ For a replacement with Apple care, without it ,could be 180$ if the phone isn't bent at all if it's bent you will have to pay for a replacement phone.

I wouldn't recommend having a random person open your iPhone 6s , they replace just a screen and the home button stops works a few weeks after or something else at that point the Apple Store won't touch it.

RedoBeach likes this.
  5. it's $29 for screen only, $99 for additional damage

https://support.apple.com/iphone/repair/screen-damage

RedoBeach likes this.
  6. manuella

manuella

Driving:
    UberX
  7. haha yeah, it's was announced this year I believe.

8. dnlbaboof

dnlbaboof

Frœsty likes this.
  9. Stray

Stray

RedoBeach-

Sorry to hear about your phone. It of course happens to everyone! - - The guy you want to go to is Shakeel in South San Francisco on Spruce. He's very good... I've been to him numerous times with various phones. - - He only installs the authentic "Apple 6S Screen"... most repair places use an Apple 6 screen and change the plugs or use some other knock-off screen. Using the wrong screen can result in problems with viewing with polarized sunglasses. His price "installed" is $140. It takes him 5 minutes to fix and he fixes it right in front of you. - - If you google him or Yelp him, you'll find out he's one of the best guys out there. Good luck! - - Btw, be sure to write-off the expense on your taxes.

Frœsty and RedoBeach like this.
  10. John Doeeeeeeee

John Doeeeeeeee

Driving:
    UberPREMIUM
    Just buy a new one with all that Uber money lol

Uberslave415 and RedoBeach like this.
  11. I replaced the screen on my 5s when I managed to get coffee creamer inside my phone. If you don't have a special tool you have to use a blow drier or microwave the phone to separate the screen from the button. I would offer to do yours butttt I kinda feel uncomfortable with the idea of microwaving a 6s lol

Frœsty and RedoBeach like this.
  12. RedoBeach

RedoBeach

Ive had previous luck with Apple replacing my phone free after dropping it in the toilet at a concert, but for some reason I think cracked screen is tougher.

The phone isn't bent or anything.. I literally dropped it on my garage floor getting ito my car. I haven't taken the screen protector off but it's pretty cracked underneath.

What do you think about a phone repair service that offers warranty? I had the screen replaced on my 4s a few years ago and worked fine after.. but that wasn't here and it was a different phone.

13. RedoBeach

RedoBeach

14. RedoBeach

RedoBeach

Wow- I had no idea, thank you! (Duh, lol).

I am seriously missing my old neighbor who managed the Apple Store in MB.. I need to stop dropping my phones.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
    nicolephlsfo likes this.
  15. dnlbaboof

dnlbaboof

ive done it before not with this seller but it went fine if you can stand being without your phone for a couple days, but I guess there personal stuff i wouldnt want people to have access too, but im broke lol had no choice.....i make sure reviews are good on ebay lots of 5 stars

16. I just cracked the screen on my android saturday night but that was without a protector... and I'm getting it replaced under warranty.

RedoBeachRedoBeach Did you crack it with a case?

17. RedoBeach

RedoBeach

I do have a case on it.. Caseology case through Amazon.

18. Tenderloin

Tenderloin

DIY. Its easy

19. In defense of the damsel, she did have a tempered glass screen, as well as a case around the outside. I thought I did a pretty good job at glueing it to her hand as well. We will just have to use 2 tubes, next time RedoBeachRedoBeach

RedoBeach likes this.
  20. RedoBeach

RedoBeach

image.png