1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Crack-addicted Uber driver arrested for string of gas station robberies

Discussion in 'News' started by BurgerTiime, Jan 11, 2017.

1. BurgerTiime

BurgerTiime Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    http://wgno.com/2017/01/11/crack-addicted-uber-driver-arrested-for-string-of-gas-station-robberies/
    [​IMG]

METAIRIE (WGNO) – An Uber driver connected to a string of robberies has confessed to ripping off gas stations to support his crack cocaine habit.

The Jefferson Parish Sheriff’s Office arrested 45-year-old James Ziegler of Kenner this week for grabbing cash from the registers at a series of convenience stores.

Just after 5 a.m. on January 5, Ziegler was recorded on surveillance video robbing the Brother’s Food Market at 6600 Veterans Boulevard in Metairie, according to the JPSO.

A worker followed Ziegler outside and watched him climb into a silver Toyota to make his escape. Investigators later determined that the vehicle was licensed to Enterprise Rent-A-Car, where Ziegler was registered as an Uber driver.

Ziegler is also suspected of robbing an Exxon Circle K at 704 Howard Avenue hours before his Metairie heist. He is also the main suspect in the robbery of the Discount Stop on North Arnoult Road in Metairie on January 4, according to the JPSO.

Detectives found Ziegler’s DNA on the cash register at Brother’s, a sample he left behind while grabbing an undisclosed amount of cash. The same Enterprise-registered Toyota was used at both robberies, where he was recorded committing the robberies while not wearing a mask or other type of face covering.

Ziegler told the JPSO that he committed the robberies to support his crack cocaine habit.

He has an extensive criminal history filled with armed robbery, first degree robbery, simple robbery, purse snatching, simple burglary, aggravated criminal damage, theft and DUI . Ziegler was convicted of first degree robbery, purse snatching, simple robbery and simple burglary and was released from the Louisiana Department of Corrections on November 3, 2016, according to the JPSO.

The Mollusk, grams777 and tohunt4me like this.
  2. BurgerTiime

BurgerTiime Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    Uber will continue to have more drivers make news because there's no drug testing. Your next Uber ride may be a high-ass driver. Good luck!

3. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

Is that SPOK's son ? Looks like ha hasn't slept in days.
    Well,at least he was robbing gas stations not Uber customers.
    Try Uber crackhead today !
    The ride you may not return from . . .

unPat, Kembolicous, ABC123DEF and 4 others like this.
  4. Rick N.

Rick N. Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    This is just part of TK's "everyone deserves a second chance program", seems normal.

5. tohunt4me

Damn ! That's where I drive Uber !
    If you Rob all the gas stations ,where will you get gas ?
    By the way Brothers has the Lowest gas prices and the Best fried chicken ! Fresh fried chicken 24/7.
    He was Released from Prison Nov.3,2016!?!? Then arrested for 2 robberies Jan4,2017 ?
    That didn't last very long . . .

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    Kembolicous and Uber Arnie like this.

6. tohunt4me

That guy has had a dozen second chances. Out of prison 2 months,driving a new car with a job.
    And he still couldn't act right !
    This clown was lucky to have that chance.

7. SEAL Team 5

SEAL Team 5 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Livery
    I thought "no violent crimes" was the mandate. Aggravated and armed are definitely 2 legal descriptions that describe violence.

8. Jufkii

Jufkii Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    So how bad are these background check businesses that are not "industry leading" like Uber's

9. SafeT

SafeT Well-Known Member

Uber has to get every single US resident signed up to be a driver. Crack heads, prostitutes, gang bangers. Have to keep the pyramid scheme going.

10. tohunt4me

This time was strong arm snatch & grab. He reached over counter while register was open. ( probably saving up for a gun )But he was most likely on parole,so he will be finishing his last prison sentence also now.
    Hope he enjoyed his 60 day vacation from Prison. It will be 5- 10 years until his next one.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    Kembolicous and ABC123DEF like this.
  11. tohunt4me

Such a shame. This clown had an excellent chance to get his life going at 45 years old after being in human storage in prison. Not many chances for someone like this. His actions exhibit why.

Kembolicous and Danny3xd like this.
  12. Chada75

Chada75 New Member

Child Molesters, Cow Rapist, etc.

13. tohunt4me

Attached Files:

Chada75 likes this.
  14. Jufkii

Jufkii Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    More profit for him stamping out license plates again than driving for Uber anyway.Plus he is no longer destroying his car while fattening Travis pockets either. Almost but not quite envy the dude in a way.

Kembolicous, ABC123DEF and tohunt4me like this.
  15. tohunt4me

Well,prison does offer free meals,free rent,free cable,free laundry services,free healthcare, free medicine,free clothes,unlimited hot water.(24 hour free security & " "home" monitoring)

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    Kembolicous, Rick N. and BurgerTiime like this.
  16. TwoFiddyMile

TwoFiddyMile Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    He has to rob convenience stores cause Ubers rates are far too low to purchase crack.

17. grams777

grams777 Moderator Moderator

Hello, I'm your uber driver for today.

Help yourself to some mints and feel to use the phone chargers.

I have an extensive criminal history filled with armed robbery, first degree robbery, simple robbery, purse snatching, simple burglary, aggravated criminal damage, theft and DUI .

I was just released from the Louisiana Department of Corrections on November 3, 2016.

Enjoy your ride and let me know if you have a preferred route.

Hey, where'd they go....

You know bashing taxis is one thing, but these rideshare background policies are a joke. They do not pass go for cab drivers anywhere that I know of. We got lifetime criminal national and local fingerprinted reports pulled, drug test, dot physical, and four references.

It's ok to give second chances but not starting out in positions like this.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  18. Jufkii

Jufkii Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Sad but still have to rank him a model citizen compared to many of the bums I drive anymore. Pax quality keeps getting worse and worse.

Kembolicous, mrpjfresh and tohunt4me like this.
  19. ubershiza

ubershiza Well-Known Member

I guess earning less than minimal wage and sleeping in the car wasn't enough to support his habits. He must have been high on crack " robbing the Brother’s Food Market".

20. tohunt4me

H
    HEs paying for that rental car every week.

Kembolicous likes this.