Covid-19 sick pay

scarpent

So I’ve been sick for almost a week now with what is very likely Covid-19. Yesterday I contacted Uber about the financial assistance for being quarantined. Has anyone dealt with this yet? I haven’t heard anything from them. I’m curious how long the process will take. I may be better before anything gets done.

AtSki

I’ve been sick for a week too. But I’ve had “Influenza A” positive, not Corona.

In order to be compensated by Uber, you need a solid proof that you have been diagnosed with Corona.

UberVanDenver

If you notify them before official quarantine you risk being deactivated WITHOUT compensation. I’m not saying drive while sick, I’m just saying make sure all your ducks are in a row. After all.....we are talking about Uber, remember?

scarpent

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well they won’t test if you aren’t a high risk individual so hopefully that isn’t the case. There just arent enough test available.

Daisey77

If you be been ordered to quarantine or test positive. if you haven't tested positive or the state hasn't contacted you regarding a direct exposure, whatever doctor Who advised you to self quarantine, is going to have to fill out a form.

scarpent

It took them a few days for them to send me a link for submitting the documents from my doctor. I submitted them tonight. I’ll keep you guys informed of what happens from here. I definitely had the virus. Fortunately my case wasn’t to bad. The burning chest and back on day 2 was the worst part for me. Now I just get tired extremely easy and have a constant headache. I hope you all are doing well.

Daisey77

It took them a few days for them to send me a link for submitting the documents from my doctor. I submitted them tonight. I’ll keep you guys informed of what happens from here. I definitely had the virus. Fortunately my case wasn’t to bad. The burning chest and back on day 2 was the worst part for me. Now I just get tired extremely easy and have a constant headache. I hope you all are doing well.
Oh man that sucks. I'm sorry 😔 were you able to get tested finally or did the doctor diagnose it just off his medical expertise? At least you had a doctor. I know people who can't get the form filled out because they don't have a PCP and they can't find a doctor who will do it.

So did Uber deactivate you? What do you have to do to get reactivated?

robg77

In order to qualify for Uber's corona cash, a driver would have to be diagnosed with COVID-19 or be "placed in individual quarantine by a public health authority due to their risk of spreading COVID-19." Meaning you will need to have a proper diagnoses or be placed in quarantine by your local or state health department. A public health authority is a city, county or state health department. Your doctor is not a public health authority. So, a doctor's note won't cut it.

scarpent

I wasn’t able to be tested because they are only testing the most at risk. My primary care doctor is with the UC Boulder health. I was examined by them and also a few days later at the ER by the doctor there. Both agree that I very likely have a Covid-19 but since my symptoms are life threatening they can’t test me. My note is from UC Boulder health and state’s that I was quarantined starting on the 18th. Uber deactivated my account for 14 days. I’m guessing at the end of the 14 days then my account becomes active again.

Daisey77

In order to qualify for Uber's corona cash, a driver would have to be diagnosed with COVID-19 or be "placed in individual quarantine by a public health authority due to their risk of spreading COVID-19." Meaning you will need to have a proper diagnoses or be placed in quarantine by your local or state health department. A public health authority is a city, county or state health department. Your doctor is not a public health authority. So, a doctor's note won't cut it.
Uber is requiring these forms to be filled out by a medical provider

scarpent

Also you just have to be asked by a licensed medical provider. It doesn’t have to be a public health authority even though my doctor is the head of UC Boulder health so he may qualify as just that.
Post automatically merged:

I couldn’t find any forms. I just have an official letter from my doctor stating that after examination I was asked to quarantine following CDC and national guidelines. I’ll let you guys know what else they ask from me.

Daisey77

Also you just have to be asked by a licensed medical provider. It doesn’t have to be a public health authority even though my doctor is the head of UC Boulder health so he may qualify as just that.
Post automatically merged:

I couldn’t find any forms. I just have an official letter from my doctor stating that after examination I was asked to quarantine following CDC and national guidelines. I’ll let you guys know what else they ask from me.
You should be good. This is a screenshot off of their coronavirus blog. It says a note by a medical provider is acceptable

Screenshot_20200323-020430_Chrome.jpg

got a p

thanks for sharing bro! it's too bad they want you to keep driving until you're sick to pay you though. that's upside down.

useful info in this thread.

scarpent

They say that due to backlog the processing time could be 10 days. That means I should hopefully hear something by this coming Friday.