• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Cover My Cab

Ayman

I received last night the following message:

URGENT MESSAGE - your taxi insurance policy with Alpha Insurance is cancelled with immediate effect. Please contact Cover My Cab on 020 74467666 where we will be able to arrange alternative cover.

I am trying to contact them with all of their available numbers to find out what’s is going on; but all of their numbers are not available to talk to them. I have one year and half no claim discount.

Momo11

772B88BF-BC3A-44EB-8A02-6A3FE588AC27.jpeg

URGENT MESSAGE - your taxi insurance policy with Alpha Insurance is cancelled with immediate effect. Please contact Cover My Cab on 020 74467666 where we will be able to arrange alternative cover.

I am trying to contact them with all of their available numbers to find out what’s is going on; but all of their numbers are not available to talk to them. I have one year and half no claim discount.
Alpha insurance went bust
Mean you don’t have insurance atm

Jaythegee

If u paid in full u are shafted they arent giving back.u have to wait year or 2 to get it back u need to go to the office in epping or Guildford street through phone no chance good luck.

London-born-and-bred

I will tell you what is going on, right now you are not insured so you need to get your car off of the road.

When I say off the road that means it's now illegal for you to park your car on any public highway.

Leaving it on the road means you risk a fine, points on your licence and your car being seized.

Should any of you be stupid enough to risk it and get caught Uber will NOT allow any drivers with IN10 ( no insurance) points to work for them.

Last edited:

Lookingaround

Wow.. that is not fair lol.. People paying 3-4k in one go and it all gone.

This is why financing is the best - IF you have low rate always pay monthly.

Dubs666

I will tell you what is going on, right now you are not insured so you need to get your car off of the road.

When I say off the road that means it's now illegal for you to park your car on any public highway.

Leaving it on the road means you risk a fine, points on your licence and your car being seized.
He is covered by FSCS.

Contact FSCS

Bobby 54

Hi ayman received the same message. As I can’t get through going to the cover my cab office shortly. Been with jmi use to be cover my cab since 1992

R.M.Ahmad

re-insure your car immediately with a big company like Aviva. After that chase the money from the bankrupt company.

London-born-and-bred

He is covered by FSCS.
No, he isn't, stop talking bollocks, the FSCS only covers claims it does not insure him, anyone that was with Alpha is NOT insured until they arrange new cover.

Wow.. that is not fair lol.. People paying 3-4k in one go and it all gone.

This is why financing is the best - IF you have low rate always pay monthly.
Any ideas about what happens with people who financed? do they still have to pay the monthly payments?

Volkswaber

If I can give an advice always use what everyone use...Haven (Acorn) insurance. 70% of PH cars and almost all rental PCO use Haven and there is a reason why. I always used well-known insurance and never had issue with them, Also I never trusted those insurance that promise you big discount some are dodgy!!!

BigMike78

No, he isn't, stop talking bollocks, the FSCS only covers claims it does not insure him, anyone that was with Alpha is NOT insured until they arrange new cover.

Any ideas about what happens with people who financed? do they still have to pay the monthly payments?
Some monthly payments are with another company like a loan not directly with the insurance so check

Bettysmalls

This as been on the cards over the last few years ,all these Uber’s crashed all over London , the consequences are insurance Companies paying out more money than they are receiving.

Lookingaround

This as been on the cards over the last few years ,all these Uber’s crashed all over London , the consequences are insurance Companies paying out more money than they are receiving.

Betty - You uneducated cabbie, This is a Mutli-National Cooperation - Dealing in Billion's. Uber driver's are not their main target market but a sector probably less than 5% of their total revenue.

Don't talk sh1t unless you got back up