1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Could you make more per hour if you created your own daily route?

Discussion in 'Pay' started by Jazzbaseball, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Jazzbaseball

Jazzbaseball Active Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    I was thinking about this idea on the way home.

What if you logged every single pick up and drop off location and tracked which of those rides were trips to or from work, etc.

Could you theoretically create a daily routine for yourself where you plan your day to show up at about the same time at those locations?

It might work for those going to and from work and bar close, but could you increase your hourly earnings by keeping track of every single pick up and drop off and then creating a schedule to be at those locations the same day and time?

Fredly00 and tohunt4me like this.
  2. perry470

perry470 Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Uber's algorthim specifically prevent you from picking up the same passengers consistently. Unless there are no drivers within 10 minutes, you won't get matched to the same passengers even if you park outside of their house.

UberOng and tohunt4me like this.
  3. Shangsta

Shangsta Well-Known Member

If you want the same route to work you would just use the destination feature. Its also been proven the closest driver doesnt always necessarily get the ping

ABC123DEF and tohunt4me like this.
  4. RamzFanz

RamzFanz Well-Known Member

Annnnnd, you just made that up.

5. RamzFanz

No it hasn't. It's closest by route. I've tested it many times with friends.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017

6. Ubergirlzz

Ubergirlzz Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    True. Because it happened to me - allow me to explain. I picked up a pax, took him to his destination, and completed the trip. Then, he said "hey, I need to run in and pick something up, I'll be right out. I'd like you to take me to xyz". I said "sure, okay". And he came back quick, less than a minute. Mind you, I'm parked right outside his house. He gets in the front seat, I'm watching him use his phone as he's calling for another Uber ride (me). And guess what? I wasn't acknowledged as being at his house! He told me that soonest pick up was 5 minutes away. He tried it like 5 times, and it was still giving him another Uber driver. So yeah. It's true.

7. SibeRescueBrian

SibeRescueBrian Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the description of a bus route?

8. tohunt4me

tohunt4me Well-Known Member

Uber will deliberately not match you with the same riders.
    Uber kills driver initiative,and encourages drivers to " free Lance".

ABC123DEF likes this.
  9. RamzFanz

I've seen this too and I think it's because you aren't actually back online because of lag. Now I check to make sure I see myself online in the pax app and it's never happened again.

On a one-way street, sometimes they need to be in front of you so you are closest by route or someone closer by route will get the ping. The app apparently doesn't adjust well just because you are in close proximity.

10. RamzFanz

I know a waitresses schedule and I sit in the same place at the same time and get her every time. She asked me to if I could, so I tried it.

Because I am a creature of habit, I've had several passengers repeat.

11. SibeRescueBrian

SibeRescueBrian Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
  12. Ubergirlzz

Driving:
    UberX
    Nice work, if you can get it.

I once had a very nice pax tell me "he enjoyed the ride to LAX so much that he'd like to call on me every time he needed to go to the airport." He said everything was pleasant, from the music, conversation, my driving, etc. I think it would be great to have repeat pax. At least you know what you're getting, right?

ABC123DEF and RamzFanz like this.
  13. Shangsta

Shangsta Well-Known Member

Lol you are the king of posting misinformation, people have requested a driver in the same car as me and gotten someone else.

ABC123DEF and Gordiano like this.
  14. yojimboguy

yojimboguy Well-Known Member

I've ended a ride and started another with the same pax at the first end point several time, and every single time, I got the ping as I expected. So whatever the issue is, it's not some blanket rule that covers all such incidents.

ABC123DEF and Ubergirlzz like this.
  15. UberChicago80

UberChicago80 Active Member

I had a passenger request me to pick him up and take him to the office daily for a week long business trip. He loved my car, amenities and conversation. He tried to ping me on Tuesday while we shared coffee at Starbucks and another dirver 3 min away got the ping. He canceled, repeated and had the same result. Sadly the same happened Wednesday thru Thursday.

ABC123DEF likes this.
  16. Mears Troll Number 4

Mears Troll Number 4 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    When the money for uber was good, this was my biggest complaint. We do it with the cab company all the time. 95% of my airport pickups are picking up regular passengers (we are allowed to do it in the taxis). It's easier for them to just allow it than to try to get us to stop. Also with the way everything is set up the cab company is better off if they DON'T call dispatch. It's less man hours they need to staff for the call center (As we rent the cabs and pocket everything anyway)

Out of my 13-17 fares a day 4+ are regular customers calling me back.

ABC123DEF and Ubergirlzz like this.
  17. I_Like_Spam

I_Like_Spam Well-Known Member

What's so sad, you could just drive your friend to work without going through the app,and he could just give you some money for gas.

18. Bean

Bean Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    For those of you arguing. Is it so hard to imagine that this is market dependent? A busy market with lots of drivers would likely be set to prevent multiple matches to the same driver whereas that may not work so well in smaller markets.
    Personally, I've had several of repeat customers, but then I'm not in some big city either. We don't even have pool here.

Andre Asbury and ABC123DEF like this.
  19. I_Like_Spam

I_Like_Spam Well-Known Member

Metropolitan Tampa might not be NYC or London, but it has 3 million people or so, that's mighty big.

20. Ubergirlzz

Driving:
    UberX
    Agreed. Makes sense.

So, being a taxi cab driver, does Uber drivers piss you off? You seem nice.