Could you make more money with Uber XL?

Wildgoose

Any thought on Making more money? or on Driving longer distance to pick up? on How much Uber would take?
Thanks in advance

UberAdrian

Theoretically you would make more with XL but it's not that simple. Depends on the exact car and your ratio of XL to X. There isn't gonna be a ton of XL and it's possible the extra gas could overwhelm the extra pay if you don't get a lot of XL pings and drive a thirsty car.

Wildgoose

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Theoretically you would make more with XL but it's not that simple. Depends on the exact car and your ratio of XL to X. There isn't gonna be a ton of XL and it's possible the extra gas could overwhelm the extra pay if you don't get a lot of XL pings and drive a thirsty car.
I have a SUV that consumes 12 MPG in city and 18MPG on HWY. I don't think I should do it. I am considering to sell that car but I also want to keep it too. Can't make up my mind yet.

UberAdrian

I have a SUV that consumes 12 MPG in city and 18MPG on HWY. I don't think I should do it. I am considering to sell that car but I also want to keep it too. Can't make up my mind yet.
Damn that's really bad. You should do some test runs and see how much XL you're getting. Only then can you really quantify the situation. But 12 is bad it probably won't work out.

This reminds me of the time Homer asked McBain about his Hummer's fuel efficiency. 0 city, 1 highway!

Wildgoose

Damn that's really bad. You should do some test runs and see how much XL you're getting. Only then can you really quantify the situation. But 12 is bad it probably won't work out.

This reminds me of the time Homer asked McBain about his Hummer's fuel efficiency. 0 city, 1 highway!
Thanks for your advice.

Declineathon

Any thought on Making more money? or on Driving longer distance to pick up? on How much Uber would take?
Thanks in advance
Ive got an XL.

Its not a Soccer Mom car. I get 20mpg AVG. I could get as good as 23 if i slowed down on the hwy.

I make .76c a mile AVG. taking X and XL.

Youll rarely get longride XLs.

I just did my taxes, and im going to correct some bad habits. I think i can raise the cents per mile into the mid eighties.

I dont think a change in car from X to XL is a major change.

Go big. Get the Suburban LT.

Wildgoose

Ive got an XL.

Its not a Soccer Mom car. I get 20mpg AVG. I could get as good as 23 if i slowed down on the hwy.

I make .76c a mile AVG. taking X and XL.

Youll rarely get longride XLs.

I just did my taxes, and im going to correct some bad habits. I think i can raise the cents per mile into the mid eighties.

I dont think a change in car from X to XL is a major change.

Go big. Get the Suburban LT.
It is bad news. Now I am driving X with midsize sedan and making at least $1.5 per miles. Thanks for your info.

Uber1010

Thanks in advance
Take inexpensive car for Uber x others car are not making any money....if you bu XL vehicle Uber will push you to take x&pool ....make sure you are not making mistake as many of as already did

Uber1010

I work in a .65c rate X. $1.13 rate XL. Its hard out here in So. Cal
Post automatically merged:
You should forget about the rate .....what good is I have black car and the rate are high and no pax for those rate to pay even the expenses of vehicle ...NYC are hot place just Uber are enjoying giving to them luxury vehicle to Uber x ...when they see this ...are not taking any more black car because are the same cars . That's why are not worthy to buy luxury car ...