Could we all be "working" for Tesla in the future?

Young Kim

Then it should be hitting today. As you have to be owners as of 8/21.

I do see (That there will be a possibility of) a jump in the price once it splits again (but still holding onto my measly short > in comparison with my long position).

my average cost basis for one account is $385.78 and the other $610.19 😁

Whoa! What a tremendous gain for your Tesla longs!!⁦👍🏻

ObsidianSedan

Why would Tesla get into the ridesharing game before they can do it via self-driving? And if they do it then, the only way they let individual vehicle owners participate is if the cost of owning and maintaining an electric vehicle is more than what Tesla really wants to spend. If the cost to own and maintain the vehicle is less, and there's profit to be made in doing so, Tesla would choose to own them, likely financing them similar to what a rental fleet operator would. When/if full self-driving arrives, rideshare as an individual occupation or side gig is over.

ntcindetroit

Elon was reported saying his version of robotaxi can generate upto $3000/mo for his ev owner. We're waiting to validate his claim one day regardless if uber/lyft or whatever EV-wanabe out there.

mbd

Elon was reported saying his version of robotaxi can generate upto $3000/mo for his ev owner. We're waiting to validate his claim one day regardless if uber/lyft or whatever EV-wanabe out there.
It will not generate 3000$= 36,000 per year.
Why would I need a Robotaxi when I can use my own Robotaxi to pick myself up?:laugh:
Elon has about 4 months to get his predicted 1 million Robotaxis on the road this year .
I think he will be missing his 1 million Robotaxi prediction by about 1 million.

Young Kim

Why would I need a Robotaxi when I can use my own Robotaxi to pick myself up?:laugh:
Elon has about 4 months to get his predicted 1 million Robotaxis on the road this year .
I think he will be missing his 1 million Robotaxi prediction by about 1 million.

To my friend mbd, that was a good witty comment regarding Elon's prediction! Touche!
Post automatically merged:

My comrade ntcindetroit, indeed Elon has incredible aims. Here on Earth AND in outer space.

Anything is possible.

My fellow Chicagoan Super Ant SleelWheels, I concur. If you described Uber to me ten years ago, I may not have believed it to be as dominant and "successful" at stomping out the taxi industry.

Last edited:

ObsidianSedan

Several quotes around that time said things like, "Tesla estimates that the cost to run a Robotaxi would be less than 18 cents per mile, compared with 62 cents per mile for U.S. ownership cost and $2 to $3 per mile for traditional ridesharing models." I feel like all of these numbers are suspect. The cost of running a robotaxi is only 18 cents a mile if someone else bought and maintains the car, is incurring the depreciation, and will replace it when it wears out.

Tesla can empower their vehicle owners to participate in a robotaxi network early on at costs that essentially let owners convert equity in their car into cash today or maybe eak out a small profit. But like Uber and Lyft, they'll be able to adjust the financial model over time. Ultimately they can choose to let their customers own the cars if it's a money-losing proposition, and they can choose to own the cars themselves if it's a money-making one. And since they set the pricing and payout, they get to determine where the profit and loss is accrued.

SleelWheels

To my friend mbd, that was a good witty comment regarding Elon's prediction! Touche!

My comrade ntcindetroit, indeed Elon has incredible aims. Here on Earth AND in outer space.

My fellow Chicagoan Super Ant SleelWheels, I concur. If you described Uber to me ten years ago, I may not have believed it to be as dominant and "successful" at stomping out the taxi industry.
Lol, I’m a Virginia boy.

ntcindetroit

The way we understand his sales pitch is buy the robotaxi EV from TSLA, You own the EV and use it as Robotaxi as timeshare with the renter(s). It could be an Rideshare buster, Gone are the Rideshare monopoly players.

mbd

Last edited:

ntcindetroit

This will not end well :cautious: It will be a threesome with Elon in the mix

75-80% of TSLA owners are Males... so 20% of the females will be really busy or it will be a male to male dating website.:thumbdown:
Do ppl need to be a verified male, femal, or she-male and he-female?
Do ppl really needed to be a verified owner? How about I own a share of TSLA in the past or in the future?
or I rejected Elon's invitation to work for him or Tesla?

I actually don't mind own or drive a few tesla's. or a few shares or trade options on TSLA's future price as a legitimate gig work.. What I can't put up with is how to make Tesla great again with mic Tesla's in you know where. Joe or Don, Help, make Tesla my American dream, pure thorough American bred.

ntcindetroit

Looks like TSLA should have come to Detroit to show ppl in motown how to build a car for our future. Surprised that its stock was able to run up to $2318.49 before split. Wonder what a beautiful world would be if all car companies will churn out Tesla EV's instead of the Vette and Mustang and/or ram trucks.

Young Kim

Looks like TSLA should have come to Detroit to show ppl in motown how to build a car for our future. Surprised that its stock was able to run up to $2318.49 before split. Wonder what a beautiful world would be if all car companies will churn out Tesla EV's instead of the Vette and Mustang and/or ram trucks.

Greenpeace, the non profit, will be happy!

I just had a passenger who I dropped off named norman who owns a Tesla and I asked him all about it, and he really recommended the model 3 for meet. He said that owning a Tesla was such a great experience. He bought one of those supercharger things for his house.

Last edited:

ntcindetroit

We'd plan on to profit from Tsla, be its product, service, foresight or wisdom. We just couldn't put up w/ some RS names that users can't rely upon to run users' biz, be it riders or drivers.

ntcindetroit

@ntcindetroit , well the company does have the best and brightest on its team...and now, inevitably, the richest!
Hopefully, they will buyout the dogs in RS sphere so we can work for the richest, if not the brightest. Driving them in this beautiful world doesn't sound too bad if they tip when we ants bark.

the lone ranger

When I was a kid they predicted holidays on the moon...and at the time it seemed possible.
50 years later it is impossible, in fact we no longer have the technology to even send astronauts to the moon, let alone tourists.
Now this clown wants to colonise mars...give me a break.