• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Could UberBlack operate NJ without NYC/PA vehicles?

Douglas

As a driver I continually see NYC TLC plates in NJ. My vehicles only drive UberBlack/SUV when working on apps. It keeps getting slower and slower for UberBlack request, not because uber is getting less of them, but because more nyc TLC operators are driving in NJ, avoiding the NJ limousine laws by getting a TLC license to circumvent the law. TLC license and insurance is easier to get in NYC than NJ.

Specific question: Could UberBlack survive with only NJ OL drivers?

Is there a way NJ drivers (specifically Black/SUV) could get together and demand that they either allow us to work in NYC for return trips or block the TLC vehicles completely from NJ.

I know we could report NYC TLC vehicles to local clerks offices that operating NJ to NJ trips, uber insured and with out proper license...forcing them to enforce the laws on the books.

They do not allow NJ OL vehicles to operate in NYC...even though it would be completely legal to give a trip request heading back to NJ. However they allow NYC TLC vehicles in NJ (with the assumption they are heading back to NYC, but give them any trip)

Issues: NYC TLC vehicles can only have a maximum of $1million in liability due to the insurance regulations (most only have $300k)

Operating under insuranced is not only illegal, it's very risky for the driver. Putting everything on the line, if there is a major accident and the insurance is not to NJ standards, the injured could go after the driver and vehicle owner directly (regardless of fault). Taking assets to pay for medical bills or other expenses.

Sorry NYC TLC guys, but just thinking about myself here!

BusinessAsUsual

As a driver I continually see NYC TLC plates in NJ. My vehicles only drive UberBlack/SUV when working on apps. It keeps getting slower and slower for UberBlack request, not because uber is getting less of them, but because more nyc TLC operators are driving in NJ, avoiding the NJ limousine laws by getting a TLC license to circumvent the law. TLC license and insurance is easier to get in NYC than NJ.

Specific question: Could UberBlack survive with only NJ OL drivers?

Is there a way NJ drivers (specifically Black/SUV) could get together and demand that they either allow us to work in NYC for return trips or block the TLC vehicles completely from NJ.

I know we could report NYC TLC vehicles to local clerks offices that operating NJ to NJ trips, uber insured and with out proper license...forcing them to enforce the laws on the books.

They do not allow NJ OL vehicles to operate in NYC...even though it would be completely legal to give a trip request heading back to NJ. However they allow NYC TLC vehicles in NJ (with the assumption they are heading back to NYC, but give them any trip)

Issues: NYC TLC vehicles can only have a maximum of $1million in liability due to the insurance regulations (most only have $300k)

Operating under insuranced is not only illegal, it's very risky for the driver. Putting everything on the line, if there is a major accident and the insurance is not to NJ standards, the injured could go after the driver and vehicle owner directly (regardless of fault). Taking assets to pay for medical bills or other expenses.

Sorry NYC TLC guys, but just thinking about myself here!
the only ones allowed to get BLack/SUV pings are now NJ OL plated vehicles... i havent gotten a ping since that went into effect in december and believe me I've had people try to ping me to see if i get it countless times to see if it was a glitch.. it wasnt.. No problem getting X/XLs though smh... i think if SUV/black calls slowed its because the business itself slowed down...

Blunt power