Could there be two future bombs coming up after laid off workers attempt to return to work?

Uberguyken

wrong. What many seem to be confused on is Trump is exactly as he was before he was elected. There was no surprise. Did I vote for him? Almost did, but changed my mind. Will I vote for him? Not a chance. Daffy Duck would get my vote vs Trump.

If you ain't embarrassed by him, something is wrong with you.
No more embarrassed than I was by that pushover running things before him...

Canaddar

The unfortunate thing with the coronavirus recovery is that politics are as big of a factor as any other factor out there. Politicians on both sides are asking to get a political profit from what is going on, rather than doing what is best for the country. That is going to hinder our recovery..... Maybe even prevent it.
Post automatically merged:

Trump has failed to take the blame for anything..... Everything bad is sometime else's fault. He talks about himself too much.i hate that I got a letter in the mail where he claimed all of the credit for the stimulus..... That is political grand standing and a waste of money. His bouncing position has made for inconsistent leadership during a bad time.

On the other side of the coin, the Democrats obstruct everything purely because he suggested it. The media misrepresents everything he does. If he saved a kid from drowning the CNN headline would claim he took the water from a child, leaving then thirsty. And actually look they the stimulus bill..... So much stuff in there has nothing to do with recovery or dealing with the virus. It is personnal projects that can't be passed on their own merit. Explain to me why they want to repeal the state tax credit limit of 10k. That only affects people that make a lot of money. Isn't that who they want to see pay more?

Politicians are a big part of what is wrong in our country...... But, we the dummies keep sending the same people back to fix the problems that they created. So I guess we get what we deserve...... :frown:

Last edited:

Christinebitg

Explain to me why they want to repeal the state tax credit limit of 10k.
Because it's a Republican pet project to penalize people in the States that have high incomes taxes, namely California and New York.

And a Democratic project to increase those deductions, for the opposite reason.

got a p

Two issues I ponder and wish to share with the community. The first is that a large number number of passengers (as I mentioned in a previous post) are former employees getting nearly $850 to around $1000 per week in their "Staycation". All seemed overjoyed and one guy said he was so happy to be paid to stay home and watch Netflix as he is currently being paid significantly more than he was at his previous job. Additionally, he claimed he was told in Illinois that the unemployment pay would be extended for a total of 36 weeks! (I'm not sure about that). And he said he hoped to file an extension after. That is over 6 months which is a long time. This first issue is that after all this, he won't have a job. And there will be millions scrambling for limited positions. Plus, couldn't all this time off watching movies change his behavioral patterns? He may become unaccustomed to going back to the grind. This is the first issue I worry about regarding people in his situation.

The second issue regards us Uber drivers... for those of us scrambling for the few rides available... could there be a deluge of new Uber drivers (from the unemployed seeking new work) to enter the already severely limited number of requests? (Of course I understand the requests will go steadily higher as the virus runs its course). Many of the passengers expressed interest and asked me about driving for Uber if they cannot find a new job after their unemployment is over. Since there is almost no barrier of entry to become an Uber driver, once the lockdown ends and the unemployment payments run out for traditional workers, could it get even worse for those of us who are remaining due to so many new drivers? (I doubt Uber will do much to protect the current drivers from an onslaught of new applicants...or maybe they will surprise me).
This happened during the recession. All these laid off people were scrambling for bartending jobs and I needed one. Was rough, gonna happen again.

Spursman

An Aussie viewpoint..
We appear to have the virus largely under control and have suffered around 101 deaths. Like you guys, the govt here has rolled out significant stimulus to both employees and employers.
From the end of June the unemployed will be required to apply for 4 jobs a fortnight to retain their support payments. With around 10% unemployment at the moment (almost certain to increase to around 15%) and large numbers of businesses permanently closing, l can't see the employment situation improving for a very long time.
Again, like you guys, the national debt has ballooned to the point that the taxpayers will be paying it off for the next 20 years.
I got to wondering whether Mother Nature got mad at us all for our climate destruction and thought "Righto you mother f*****s, cop this!" and unleashed the virus.

Young Kim

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
An Aussie viewpoint..
We appear to have the virus largely under control and have suffered around 101 deaths. Like you guys, the govt here has rolled out significant stimulus to both employees and employers.
From the end of June the unemployed will be required to apply for 4 jobs a fortnight to retain their support payments. With around 10% unemployment at the moment (almost certain to increase to around 15%) and large numbers of businesses permanently closing, l can't see the employment situation improving for a very long time.
Again, like you guys, the national debt has ballooned to the point that the taxpayers will be paying it off for the next 20 years.
I got to wondering whether Mother Nature got mad at us all for our climate destruction and thought "Righto you mother f*****s, cop this!" and unleashed the virus.
Fascinating reply Spursman, Hello from Chicago, IL, USA! I have been reading a great deal about this and some Hopi Native American elders have been writing about this...about Mother Nature being angry at her children (people and the climate destruction). I was reading a blog about someone who took Ayahuasca (a plant medicine) in the Amazon and he was told the same thing while in a "trance". He was told that Earth literally IS our mother, and he said She is reacting because we as humans have not been good to Her.

I don't know what to really make of it because there is no scientific proof that the Earth itself is "sentient", but it is an interesting thing for me and obviously you, to ponder about. Cheers mate!

Valar Dohaeris

Fascinating reply Spursman, Hello from Chicago, IL, USA! I have been reading a great deal about this and some Hopi Native American elders have been writing about this...about Mother Nature being angry at her children (people and the climate destruction). I was reading a blog about someone who took Ayahuasca (a plant medicine) in the Amazon and he was told the same thing while in a "trance". He was told that Earth literally IS our mother, and he said She is reacting because we as humans have not been good to Her.

I don't know what to really make of it because there is no scientific proof that the Earth itself is "sentient", but it is an interesting thing for me and obviously you, to ponder about. Cheers mate!
There's no doubt that humans have done a number on the earth. Once CV-19 passes, every environmentalist worth a salt should fly to India or China and march on their leaders' doorsteps. Demand change now.

Good luck!

MikeSki

Two issues I ponder and wish to share with the community. The first is that a large number number of passengers (as I mentioned in a previous post) are former employees getting nearly $850 to around $1000 per week in their "Staycation". All seemed overjoyed and one guy said he was so happy to be paid to stay home and watch Netflix as he is currently being paid significantly more than he was at his previous job. Additionally, he claimed he was told in Illinois that the unemployment pay would be extended for a total of 36 weeks! (I'm not sure about that). And he said he hoped to file an extension after. That is over 6 months which is a long time. This first issue is that after all this, he won't have a job. And there will be millions scrambling for limited positions. Plus, couldn't all this time off watching movies change his behavioral patterns? He may become unaccustomed to going back to the grind. This is the first issue I worry about regarding people in his situation.

The second issue regards us Uber drivers... for those of us scrambling for the few rides available... could there be a deluge of new Uber drivers (from the unemployed seeking new work) to enter the already severely limited number of requests? (Of course I understand the requests will go steadily higher as the virus runs its course). Many of the passengers expressed interest and asked me about driving for Uber if they cannot find a new job after their unemployment is over. Since there is almost no barrier of entry to become an Uber driver, once the lockdown ends and the unemployment payments run out for traditional workers, could it get even worse for those of us who are remaining due to so many new drivers? (I doubt Uber will do much to protect the current drivers from an onslaught of new applicants...or maybe they will surprise me).
99% of these newcomers will stop driving in short order.

Spursman

And vice versa, you know.

Most of nature would rather kill you than let you live. That's why we have indoor plumbing and houses with heat in them now. And screens in our windows. And electric lights instead of candles.
Yep it's the way She tries to keep a lid on overpopulation. Maybe the virus was Her way of culling the herd.