Could Chicago Get Amazon's Newly Announced HQ2?

leroy jenkins

I'd bet Dallas, Atlanta, LA, Boston or Chicago. With Atl/Dallas at top.

Rest boils down to government aid packages and which city has better restaurants/vibes according to the Amazon execs.

Amazon eventually wants up to 8 million sq ft of space. That's almost the same as two Sears/Willis Towers.

lakersfan1

There's going to be an entire company headquarters in Hoffman Estates that needs
I'd bet Dallas, Atlanta, LA, Boston or Chicago. With Atl/Dallas at top.
Nope. He said he wants to be able to recruit and retain tech people in the new city. So Chicago, SF, Austin, Boston. ATL and LA don't have enough high level IT people to meet those needs, nor would enough agree to move to ATL.

I agree the 10 years of free taxes from the state is going to be probably a huge deal. I'd like to know where this thing would go if he picked Chicago. Id assume hed have to be trendy and stay in the city, otherwise they could just take over Sears's complex in Hoffman Estates and add buildings on that lot if needed.

tursi72

Amazon would be crazy to come to Illinois in such a anti-business friendly state. They would have too much uncertainty with future taxation from Springfield.