COTA - Pickup/drop off Rules?

Jonnythan2006

If an Uber driver were to head over to COTA tonight to pick up and drop off people because of the higher demand from the concert, would they need to be aware of any rules/laws that would prevent them from doing so?

BramasoleATX

There are no laws against picking up at COTA.
There are designated pickup areas.
Only accept requests from a passenger that is in a place you can pick up. Traffic will be a bear.

MedicOne

Where are the designated Uber/Lyft pick up locations? Where is the best place to stage and wait out there?

Stratos

I had a regular call and ask me to take him and his girlfriend to and from the concert. I dropped them off just outside the "Taxi" Zone because the traffic was light. Picked them up in the Taxi Zone where all the uber/lyft /and taxi's were. I talked to a few lyft and uber drivers about the forum and the advocacy group. A few seemed interested.

Side note is that Lyft sent a text to their drivers saying the concert ended at 8:30pm. Supposedly there was a line of Pink mustaches in the Taxi zone with a bunch of pissed off drivers.

Nate R

I didn't get that text from Lyft. That is funny, but only because I wasn't there. THey should have known better. A big band like Incubus is't going to go on and be finished in 2 hrs.

Stratos

At 10:50 when my pax's showed up Incubus was still on stage. My pax's and I had it all arranged and they wanted to be home prior to 12pm thus early(ish) pick-up. The guy is cool but when drunk can't remember asking the same question 5 minutes prior to asking it again. LOL. His GF is very sweet and sassy. They make a great couple and TIP. Thus my willing to do things like this when I would normally not drive.