Cost to register vehicle for Tlc NYC ?

Inshur

Uber Driver 007

Was curious on how much is the cost to register a car with Tlc plates insurance etc
$625 vehicle diamond application fees, paid every two years.

$475 registration, paid every year.

Quarterly NYS inspection which is $40 each (unless your car is 23 months or newer, in which case it is $10)

Insurance depends on the age of your driver's license and TLC license along with other factors. Typically $3,500/yr for liability, and another $2,500/yr for physical damage. Your figures may be lower or higher. This is the average.

marcusguber

Quarterly NYS inspection which is $40 each (unless your car is 23 months or newer, in which case it is $10)

Insurance depends on the age of your driver's license and TLC license along with other factors. Typically $3,500/yr for liability, and another $2,500/yr for physical damage. Your figures may be lower or higher. This is the average.
When you say physical damage are you talking about collision. fire, theft on newer cars? Im just trying to figure out how much these rental places are making on all this.

Uber Driver 007

When you say physical damage are you talking about collision. fire, theft on newer cars? Im just trying to figure out how much these rental places are making on all this.
Yep. Aka "full coverage" / "collision / comprehensive". Basically the part that covers the car itself. It's mandatory for financed / leased cars but some drivers who buy a preowned Camry or Altima for say, $10k, choose to forego it at times.

Don't forget maint.

BBHMM

Can someone help me with something I am trying to find definitive info on?

I was told that TLC insurance does not cover your passengers when you are using the car for personal use (ie, going to store with girlfriend, going on roadtrip with friends, driving around with out of town family, etc...) Is it possible to have coverage that works for everyone in the car whether on or off-duty?

Heavy_DC2

New York State is a no fault state...meaning which ever car you are in regardless who is at fault, the vehicle you are in will cover you...so that's a lie. Now you being the driver they will deny your claim 100% because they are going to claim that you were "working" and you would have to prove otherwise, your guilty until proven innocent. You would have to prove you don't have workers comp insurance and then they will pay if they have too.

King79

I need tlc plates on my car just found out insurance would cost me 524 for full coverage
Now I need info on tlc plates

Zubera

Thanks for the info. I'm in need to start the process to get TLC plates and this is helpful. Do you know if I can start the process with a temporary registration and a title on a new car or I have to wait until I get the the original documents by mail?

Inshur New York