1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership.

Cost per km calculator/spreadsheet for us Canadians?

Discussion in 'Toronto' started by mtl514, Sep 6, 2015.

1. mtl514

mtl514

Hey guys, just trying to setup everything before my account with Uber is activated. Do you guys have any spreadsheet or formula you can share to calculate a cost per km number? I have a car already which is leased with 20,000 KM allowance, what do I include in the wear and tare calculations? Is there a mileage log sheet somewhere I can download?

Also, any drivers here from the Montreal area that have already filed taxes last year? How does it work with Revenue Quebec?

Thanks much!

KHITAM likes this.
  2. PinkYetti

PinkYetti

Driving:
    UberX
    KHITAM and mtl514 like this.
  3. If you Uber drive regularly, even just part time, you're going to go over that easily. How much does the lease church for excess km's?

4. benzGL

benzGL

at the end up your lease (if you're over kms), chances are, it makes sense to buyback the lease, and sell the car privately.

as the buyback price is usually below market value, it sometimes offsets the hogher kms so you dont really loose much, if anything.

5. uberman61

uberman61

When you have time try reading this to figure out how much you will make.

How much can a Uber driver earn in Toronto
    https://uberpeople.net/threads/how-much-can-a-uber-driver-earn-in-toronto.34391/
    $6 an hour after all expenses:

Some drivers claim to make $500 to $600 a day, if true, pilots working for small airlines will become Uber drivers.

Why $14 an hour is a myth???

Simple arithmetic multiply $14 an hour working 12 hours a day for 365 days. 12 x 365 x 14 = $61,320, you won't even be able to pay the HST. see calculation below for HST.

Why $11 an hour won't be possible ????

12 x 365 x 11 = $48,180 in which case you will not be able to pay even for gas. What about maintenance, changing of oil, changing of winter tires, summer tires, changing of brakes, brake pads, rotors, discs, water pump, timing belt, hydraulic tensioners, fluid replacements, belts, shocks, struts, depreciation, insurance, who is going to pay for all of this ??????

Why $6 is still good?

According to Uber the top drivers make between $25 to $26 an hour. If he works 12 hours with breaks he can hope to make around $300 a day. Some days are bad days, long week ends etc. On the average in a year working twelve hours a day a driver can hope to make $100, 000. How much does he get from it.