cost of living in L.A. and Uber fairs being slashed, and too many drivers

Hunter420

Seems to be totally different then a few months ago, but now its pretty dire, when the cost of living in L.A. is so high, and everything has changed so drastically for Uber income.

Shotime4

drivers will soon listen to me. i stated from the beginning that these incentives will ultimately hurt drivers. but every driver wants to make money just for now. not thinking long term.
people want to make good money but are not factoring in market trends:

1. More drivers than ever
2. School is out (less rides needed plus additional drivers like teachers)
3. People go on vacations during the summer

uber strike

people want to make good money but are not factoring in market trends:

1. More drivers than ever
2. School is out (less rides needed plus additional drivers like teachers)
3. People go on vacations during the summer
so you're saying there is low demand. but then when winter comes uber cuts your pay due to winter slump.
uber keeps offering sign up bonuses till this day. believe me, the demand is there.
what uber is doing is cutting driver pay and then offering that same money under the guise of "incentives" in order to get you on the road and keep you on the road on their scheduled times (high demand).
so yes there are more drivers than ever due to these incentives, but make no mistake, the demand is there. millions are being invested.

Shotime4

so you're saying there is low demand. but then when winter comes uber cuts your pay due to winter slump.
uber keeps offering sign up bonuses till this day. believe me, the demand is there.
what uber is doing is cutting driver pay and then offering that same money under the guise of "incentives" in order to get you on the road and keep you on the road on their scheduled times (high demand).
so yes there are more drivers than ever due to these incentives, but make no mistake, the demand is there. millions are being invested.
definitely..the demand is there but the supply is way higher right now which is terrible for drivers

UberIsAllFubared

And exactly what is wrong with that? Look I don't think uber is a benevolent warm fuzzy creature, but they are trying to match the supply to the demand, wouldn't YOU do the same if you owned the company? There is not ONE driver being forced to drive for uber. Not one. If you don't like it, don't do it. Uber doesn't want it triple surging all the time, because they know in the long run that is horrible for business, so they are trying to put more cars on the road when the passengers need them. Not complicated, if anyone of us were in their position we would be doing the same damn thing. I have no idea why some people here feel entitled that they should drive, and other new people shouldn't.

uber strike

And exactly what is wrong with that? Look I don't think uber is a benevolent warm fuzzy creature, but they are trying to match the supply to the demand, wouldn't YOU do the same if you owned the company? There is not ONE driver being forced to drive for uber. Not one. If you don't like it, don't do it. Uber doesn't want it triple surging all the time, because they know in the long run that is horrible for business, so they are trying to put more cars on the road when the passengers need them. Not complicated, if anyone of us were in their position we would be doing the same damn thing. I have no idea why some people here feel entitled that they should drive, and other new people shouldn't.
i don't drive uber. i drive lyft. i only drive uber when it surges above 1.7. on weekends above 2.2x.
but lyft is becoming more and more like uber.
i am just trying to educate drivers so that drivers can make more money. too many drivers think just like you. they say things like "uber is going to do away with surge". you said that uber is trying to match the supply with the demand. that is wrong thinking. drivers need to stop thinking of what uber is gonna do and start thinking what you are gonna do. uber will always move to benefit uber and the billions that they are making off your cars.
see, uber has ZERO cars. uber is just an app. so you tell me how uber can do away with surge if they have zero cars? who's going to pick up pax for base rates? uber is banking on drivers like you.
so yes uber is matching the supply with the demand, but if you know there is demand why are you online for base rates and why are drivers online outside core where the incentives are like 1.2x? oh yeah because you have to meet uber's quota in order to get incentives next week. uber has you by the balls. you are now an employee without the benefits. be smart.
be smart...high demand equals high surge. i remember the 3.5's and 4.0's.

Old Smokey

i don't drive uber. i drive lyft. i only drive uber when it surges above 1.7. on weekends above 2.2x.
i am just trying to educate drivers so that drivers can make more money. too many drivers think just like you. they say things like "uber is going to do away with surge". you said that uber is trying to match the supply with the demand. that is wrong thinking. drivers need to stop thinking of what uber is gonna do and start thinking what you are gonna do. uber will always move to benefit uber and the billions that they are making off your cars.
see, uber has ZERO cars. uber is just an app. so you tell me how uber can do away with surge if they have zero cars? who's going to pick up pax for base rates? uber is banking on drivers like you.
so yes uber is matching the supply with the demand, but if you know there is demand why are you online for base rates and why are drivers online outside core where the incentives are like 1.2x? oh yeah because you have to meet uber's quota in order to get incentives next week. uber has you by the balls. you are now an employee without the benefits. be smart.
You are absolutely correct, earlier in the week there was a thread by a driver excited to break $1000. I don't know if this was after incentives or a good boost after. He stated that he logged 147 fares, I as most do 1300 or 1400 in 50% of fares driven by this individual. I wanted him to change his name to FUBER HERO, because they want a fleet of idiots working and killing themselves for next to nothing.

Old Smokey

You are absolutely correct, earlier in the week there was a thread by a driver excited to break $1000. I don't know if this was after incentives or a good boost after. He stated that he logged 147 fares, I as most do 1300 or 1400 in 50% of fares driven by this individual. I wanted him to change his name to FUBER HERO, because they want a fleet of idiots working and killing themselves for next to nothing.

Hunter420

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You act like
No I wouldn't put more cars on the road! Why? More cars doesn't mean more pings. It means less rides for drivers. 5-7 minutes is enough time too wait. 1 minute is absurd, besides they usually take about 5 minutes to get to the car. The bait and switch, of promising a certain amount of money, Then saturating and changing policy over and over has cheated drivers to be stuck into driving longer hours, just trying to catch up. After getting a car with payments, then having the plug pulled, then your trying to get out of the hole. They didn't force me to drive, they changed the policy, making it entrapment to be subjected to work longer for less. I wouldn't of signed up, if I knew they're plan was slavery and fascism.

hulksmash

If they would just raise rates that are at least equal to current 2-2.5 surge, they would solve their supply/demand problem, and pax would be happy with better service. The only reason they hate surge pricing is cause they see the multiplier and think they're getting ripped off, since they've been conditioned to think current base rates are already reasonable. If 2x became the new base rate, no one would think anything of it

UberIsAllFubared

Where did I say I drive for anything less than Incentive or surge pricing? I don't. I was defending ubers use of the medals incentive program. If I owned uber, I would do the same thing to meet demand.