Coronavirus

crossflix

so it’s been a couple of months now and coronavirus has peaked its head in the Boston area. If I take the correct measures (keep hand sanitizer in my car, spray all surfaces with Lysol, avoid physical contact with others) is it safe to drive with Uber/lyft?

RhodyBob

Mentally it takes its toll in loss of self respect and terrible depression. I’m too disgusted with all of that to even think about the physical risks, other than the potential for fatal or serious disabling accidents while driving, along with threats of violence or death from totally random and unknown strangers that I freely admit into my back seat, where they ride, unseen, just behind me.

Coronavirus? Phfft! What, me worry?

UberBabe617

so it’s been a couple of months now and coronavirus has peaked its head in the Boston area. If I take the correct measures (keep hand sanitizer in my car, spray all surfaces with Lysol, avoid physical contact with others) is it safe to drive with Uber/lyft?
Ask your doctor. Not a bunch of Uber drivers.

Golfermack

IMO? Safer but not 100% safe.

Some drivers are putting in plastic sheeting as a barrier between the driver's seat and the passengers in the rear.

I am shocked by how many pax do NOT cover their coughs and sneezes, it's just stupidity. Uber/Lyft should do a PSA to all pax about covering their coughs and sneezes whilst in an ride. Because let's face facts here, their droplets project forward, in our direction, not behind them!

Johnnydiec

10,000 Americans die each year from the season flue.
Donald Trump's grandfather is dead from flue at age 49..

This hysteria surrounding the cornoavirus is crashing the markets. If people followed the simple basics of washing their hands and not touching their faces this would be a non issue. People are just dumb and I see dumb people all the time. Just the sheer amount of people who use the bathroom and don't wash their hands is justified testament to this very fact.

It's like dumb and dumber!!!

BillyTheKidd

I'm waiting. If the market goes down 25 percent there are going to be some cheap stocks out there. A month from now they will rocket up there and folks who bought on the cheap will make some good money.
There already are lots of cheap stocks in different industries in my opinion.

I bought and sold some oil stocks a while back and netted a small amount of money (some losers and some winners.) I also held some of the ones I bought. I am getting crushed with those but no way I am selling them now. They are well known dividend paying stocks so in my opinion it makes sense to hold them.