Coronavirus!?

everythingsuber

When they come out with a vaccine, I wonder how many anti-vaxxers will suddenly become Pro vaccine😅
They’ve certainly shut up in California since the outbreak.
Post automatically merged:

A large number of drivers particularly full time drivers would have underlying health conditions Type 2 diabetes, heart disease obesity etc. A large number would not even know they have these issues.

tohunt4me

Last edited:

Omega 3

Was that the email that said wash your hands and cover cough? Thank god Uber cares so much about our welfare.

Last edited:

mbd

All of a sudden my market seems to have picked up quite a bit. I don't know if people are just scaredy cats and not working or what changed. I was preparing for a big downturn but I'm happily surprised.

If Coronavirus made my market better I love it. Are there any Uber drivers in Africa that can send me some Ebola spores?
Less drivers

observer

I don't know if others are aware but shipping containers from China normally take 40-60 days to arrive.

Screenshot_2020-03-04-12-40-40-1.png

Recent pic from one of the Long Beach docks.

This could be an economic catastrophe.

OTOH do we actually need that much junk from China?

Daisey77

Was that the email that said wash your hands and cover cough? Thank god Uber cares so much about our welfare.

S*** cuz rental cars are cleaner? Half of the ones they send out on the roads don't have working brake lights or tail lights. I highly doubt they're disinfecting the insides of every car rental as they get returned. Especially because if they were oh, there's a genuine fear and the employees would be too scared of actually Contracting at themselves. Therefore even if they say they are, they're not

I don't know if others are aware but shipping containers from China normally take 40-60 days to arrive.

View attachment 424820

Recent pic from one of the Long Beach docks.

This could be an economic catastrophe.

OTOH do we actually need that much junk from China?
Ummmm yes! Do you know how much stuff I buy from China on eBay?

Unfortunately, us Contracting the coronavirus is the least of our worries. We had a convention with 10,000 attendees cancel at the last minute on Sunday because of Coronavirus.Hundreds of people were already here and had to turn around and fly back home. The restaurants and bars around the convention center staff people according to the convention center schedule. all of the hotels that turned down customers because they were "full" , are now sitting empty. 10000 people needed rides from the airport to the hotels and back to the airport, that's money from potentially 20,000 rides taken out of our pockets. There's not one case in Denver yet and it's already affecting us in such a manner

Last edited:

observer

S*** cuz rental cars are cleaner? Half of the ones they send out on the roads don't have working brake lights or tail lights. I highly doubt they're disinfecting the insides of every car rental as they get returned. Especially because if they were oh, there's a genuine fear and the employees would be too scared of actually Contracting at themselves. Therefore even if they say they are, they're not

Ummmm yes! Do you know how much stuff I buy from China on eBay?

Unfortunately, us Contracting the coronavirus is the least of our worries. We had a convention with 10,000 attendees cancel at the last minute on Sunday because of Coronavirus.Hundreds of people were already here and had to turn around and fly back home. The restaurants and bars around the convention center staff people according to the convention center schedule. all of the hotels that turned down customers because they were "full" , are now sitting empty. 10000 people needed rides from the airport to the hotels and back to the airport, that's money from potentially 20,000 rides taken out of our pockets. There's not one case in Denver yet and it's already affecting us in such a manner
Same here, we had a 25+ year convention canceled at the last minute.

Port traffic normally dies down around this time anyway because of China shutting down for its New Year celebration but I keep hearing it's worse this year.