• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Cop gave me a warning for trying to kill him...

Heisenberg 99.1%

If riders refuse to walk where you are, you wait there the 5 mins and then hit no show. Just make sure you text them letting them know you have arrived (this is for extra proof that you showed all intention to pick em up)
Do not chance it. No fare is worth your licence

Mulder99

If riders refuse to walk where you are, you wait there the 5 mins and then hit no show. Just make sure you text them letting them know you have arrived (this is for extra proof that you showed all intention to pick em up)
Do not chance it. No fare is worth your licence
Totally agree here, texting the rider covers yourself for cancellation fee...

Uber can back track the trip if you don't get the cancellation fee,
I've gone back to uber once when they denied my fee, got it back when I told them time of txt and the number texted to..

WollyDriver

"Asian police officer on Chinese New Year gives Uber driver just a warning for trying to kill him and three other police officers on police bikes."

In this dash cam footage you see me break these rules:
- Rule 39: Make U-turn on length of road contrary to sign* FINE of $253 & 2 demerit points.
- Rule 42: Not start U-turn in lane in nearest dividing line/median strip* FINE of $253 & 2 demerit points.
- Rule 167: Disobey no stopping sign* FINE of $253 only.
That's $759 in fines, although it is likely I would only have been booked for one of them.
I don't see how you got close to hitting the cops? Where were they?

PS, don't make a u turn... so much better to turn into a driveway or side street.... Though of course sometimes that is nearly impossible. Good to see the cops were so kind to you though!

Avenig

I don't see how you got close to hitting the cops? Where were they?

PS, don't make a u turn... so much better to turn into a driveway or side street.... Though of course sometimes that is nearly impossible. Good to see the cops were so kind to you though!
I believe it is legal to turn into a driveway as you are entering a property. Then you just reverse out.

Avenig

I would of cancelled on those pax. Too difficult to pick up in that area. Possibly you might have been able to pick up outside the Stamford hotel but you would still have to do a u turn some how. The long way would be to turn left into the Conservatorium of music and loop back out and down Macquarie st towards Opera House.