Construction at exit of ORD pit

MSUViper

There is an earth-mover actively clearing out an area at the exit of the ORD pit now. Any ideas? I’m sure this isn’t an effort to widen the pit exit because that would be beneficial to the drivers.

4Wheels5Stars0Hopes

This reminds me. Was driving a flight attendant to work today. She was lamenting that she can no longer park off of a Mannheim lot which was designated for workers as it was recently leased by rideshare via the aviation council.

EngineerAtHeart

This reminds me. Was driving a flight attendant to work today. She was lamenting that she can no longer park off of a Mannheim lot which was designated for workers as it was recently leased by rideshare via the aviation council.
Mom works at the airport, that lot was lead to from signs that said, 'United Employees'. It's someone off of Bessie Coleman but I can't seem to find it. Wonder if that is were the lot is moving? Much easier access to turn right onto 190 and straight for Term 5.

SuperStar3000

She is not talking about the current rideshare lot.

The parcel currently known as the pit, has never been used as a parking lot, and until very recently, did not even have access to the airport.

You can see that Google has not updated its satellite images for several years, because they still show the pit and Balmoral under construction. You can also see photos from 2010 & 2015 and see that there's not much to see.

Staging Lot - Google.PNG Staging Lot - 2010.PNG Staging Lot - 2015.PNG

EngineerAtHeart

The parcel currently known as the pit, has never been used as a parking lot, and until very recently, did not even have access to the airport.

You can see that Google has not updated its satellite images for several years, because they still show the pit and Balmoral under construction. You can also see photos from 2010 & 2015 and see that there's not much to see.

View attachment 312231 View attachment 312234 View attachment 312236
We are talking about the current lot, it's off of Bessie Coleman. Used to be for United Employees when they were reconstructing the main employee lots.

4Wheels5Stars0Hopes

View attachment 312231 View attachment 312234 View attachment 312236
I didn’t say the pit. I said of a new lot that was recently leased from the city by Lyft/Uber.

SatMan

There is an earth-mover actively clearing out an area at the exit of the ORD pit now. Any ideas? I’m sure this isn’t an effort to widen the pit exit because that would be beneficial to the drivers.
2 lanes in, 2 lanes out...??? With an automated stop light.

Crawdad

Mom works at the airport, that lot was lead to from signs that said, 'United Employees'. It's someone off of Bessie Coleman but I can't seem to find it. Wonder if that is were the lot is moving? Much easier access to turn right onto 190 and straight for Term 5.
Lots of dirt being moved around on that west side of BC. Are we getting a new lot complete with clubhouse, lounge chairs, snack bar and maybe a swimming pool?

Ping.Me.More

Maybe digging for traffic signal installation footing and/or its electrical wiring (?)

MSUViper

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I recently had a flight attendant as a pax. She said the same thing. Said the lot was off Mannheim at Montrose... an intersection with a traffic light.