Constant Surge at LAX... New Norm?

Palestar

Past couple days LAX has been at 1.9x. Even when surrounding areas aren't surging.

I can only guess they are trying to entice people into using their complete useless, and non-functional queue system.

LADriver

Past couple days LAX has been at 1.9x. Even when surrounding areas aren't surging.

I can only guess they are trying to entice people into using their complete useless, and non-functional queue system.
The main reason that LAX is surging is because UBERX drivers are burning out. (Why do you think there are so many UBER/LYFT ads on the radio? Because they cannot keep drivers!!!) There are about 60 parking spaces available for UBERX/LYFT cars. It's easy to judge when the lot is full or empty. Some spaces are taken up by UBERLUX cars, who wait much longer. Here's the truth. When you wait 30 minutes to do a $10 ride to Playa Del Rey ($6 to you before expenses), you're making much less than $5/hour. IT IS NOT WORTH YOUR TIME!!! Passengers have learned that they can park their cars for free in the neighborhoods just outside of LAX and use UBERX to go in and out of the airport. Surge pricing is based on a lack of drivers. Soon enough, drivers that are doing these short little rides outside of the airport will not be coming back.

hy1368

The main reason that LAX is surging is because UBERX drivers are burning out. (Why do you think there are so many UBER/LYFT ads on the radio? Because they cannot keep drivers!!!) There are about 60 parking spaces available for UBERX/LYFT cars. It's easy to judge when the lot is full or empty. Some spaces are taken up by UBERLUX cars, who wait much longer. Here's the truth. When you wait 30 minutes to do a $10 ride to Playa Del Rey ($6 to you before expenses), you're making much less than $5/hour. IT IS NOT WORTH YOUR TIME!!! Passengers have learned that they can park their cars for free in the neighborhoods just outside of LAX and use UBERX to go in and out of the airport. Surge pricing is based on a lack of drivers. Soon enough, drivers that are doing these short little rides outside of the airport will not be coming back.
Good point,I used to go to queue evertime I dropped a pax at LAX ,had to wait in lot for ~30-40 mins and keep getting ridrs going to MDR or playa vista and I had two pax going to MANCHESTER like 2.5 miles away.So I wasted one hour just to make less than 10 bucks.Now I just take 405 N andexit culver ,ping right away.

Geepney

Which is why the taxi companies all charge 20 buck flat rates for these garbage shorties

Palestar

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I assumed it was the now-broken Queue System.

I was there yesterday. 0-5 minute wait. No one in the waiting area. Goes to 'Queue Full' after waiting 5 minutes. It is simply completely un-functional.