Considering Full Time...

You think its possible?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

benjamittis

Hey Guys!

I currently drive PT for the last 3 months. I am considering going full time and would appreciate some help from some of you seasoned Seattle drivers who drive FT.

Due to the nature of how responses can go sideways on these threads, let me give some context.I explain the hours I hope to work, and the amount I hope to make. Would love to know if you think this is possible!
( BTW.. I am simply looking for an idea on average payment each week into you pocket. not formulas, calculation, or post amounts. Ill worry about that :wink: Just asking on average weekly payouts.)

I currently drive XL/X (Mostly X). However I am considering just buying a 2014 Prius or a like for Mon-Fri. XL only comes in handy Friday night with drunk groups of 7 want to turn up. haha.

Hope to make -
$ 1,000 a week (Gross)

Hours to Drive -
Option 1

M-F - 4AM-12PM **Hopefully mostly airport runs in the early hours (starting out from Wallingford)
Friday Night 9PM-230AM
** Occasional Sat AM 4-9AM

Option 2

M-F - 4AM -10AM & 5PM-730/8
Friday Night 9PM-230AM
** Occasional Sat AM 4-9AM

Appreciate your feedback!

Dennyjo2016

Ive been driving since just after thanksgiving 2015. I started put afternoon commute and into bar close. The money is better but i trade a bit better pay for early am to late morning/early afternoon. I also throw in sat and sun a little less early til evening. I take tues and wed off due to my home arrangements. I work uber but added lyft a couple weeks ago. Best i have pulled is $850. Average is around 700.

BostonTaxiDriver

Ive been driving since just after thanksgiving 2015. I started put afternoon commute and into bar close. The money is better but i trade a bit better pay for early am to late morning/early afternoon. I also throw in sat and sun a little less early til evening. I take tues and wed off due to my home arrangements. I work uber but added lyft a couple weeks ago. Best i have pulled is $850. Average is around 700.
Hi,

How many hours, and is that gross fares, or net earnings after gas?

Shangsta

If you want to make money, you should be taking Tues, Wed, or Thurs off, not a weekend night.
Yeah 1000 a week would probably require at minimum 50 hours of driving. Surge can help but you would probably want to work weekends. I saw a driver with 1200 in a similar market to ours but he drove like 70 hours, that is just stupid.

tipster98122

Option 1 all the way.

1 tip: The surge app, for $2.99 a month, provides real time surge spots. It's a good tool to see daily patterns so you can anticipate & position yourself in those areas for when it happens.

For example: Tues/Thurs are heavy class days @ UW. Lots of little runs. This can be great if you're trying to achieve the PD bonus on Lyft and you need both quantity/peak rides to hit your numbers.

Ultimately, there are many ways to your goal with just X and having two cars increases your options.

Good luck, whatever you decide!

Last edited:

Billmc

I whole hardly think you can!, i am doing the same thing!. If you have the mind set that you will have to account for the wear and tear on your vehicle, then go for it.
This job offers the things i love the most. Meeting people, seeing the area, being your own boss. Want more money?, work more hours, if you don't, then don't!, i love that idea.

DexNex

Saturday night is consistently the best money time of the week.

Important to understand that you are a contractor. Your business depends on contracts being offered by those companies. If you are wanting to operate your business at full potential, then you would gear your business to accept the most lucrative contracts, not the break-even contracts of normal rates.

I can make what you are looking to make by driving just 24-30 hours on a weekend. Less miles, less time, less wear/tear on my vehicle.

You really need to rethink your plan.