• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Considering becoming an uber driver, advise?

Grubbworm

Hello all,

I am very new to this uber stuff. I have been put on disability for physical issues with my legs. Disability benefits are not paying all the bills and I need supplemental income. I am 54 years old and I do not want to rot away sitting at home. It is VERY difficult to find supplemental income for a guy that has worked with his hands entire life, but can no longer stand for more than 10 minutes. Do any of you have any advice as to becoming an uber driver and if it would be a good fit for someone in my situation?

Thanks!

R44KDEN

Sorry to hear about your situation. Do you have problems sitting for extended periods? You will also need to get in and out of the car multiple times a day to help with luggage etc. I personally have enjoyed my last 4 months driving, but I am fortunate that I drive a decent car and that I have transitioned to Uber Black and private commercial work. You meet great people, you get to know a city and you can work your own hours.

Marnie

I love UBER. Please do not pay ANY negative comments. Go for it! I am serious. I would not think twice about it. Good luck.

chi1cabby

Hi Grubbworm, welcome to the forum.
What city in Ohio will you be driving in? That's an important consideration, since Uber Rates are different in each market?

chi1cabby

I love UBER. Please do not pay ANY negative comments. Go for it! I am serious. I would not think twice about it. Good luck.
You drive in Atlanta at $0.85/Mile, b4 Uber's 20% commission, and YOU LOVE UBER?

And oh btw, 25 posts by you and not even a single "Like" by forum members!