Consequences of Random Drug Test Failure

Uber's Guber

Uber considers it an illegal substance......last I looked Uber is not in a position to decide law or to interpret it.
Nothing for Uber decide or interpret;
Marijuana is already classified as a class 1 illegal substance, and Uber can deny you access to the app regardless what you decide or interpret.

ariel5466

One time, in band camp, this guy 'I know' got a job through job Corp. He had to pass a test. He just drank lots of water, had to piss so bad in the line, he went out and pissed, then chugged the water fountain, got back in line, pissed and passed...

Did they not test all piss (including his) and randomly test applicants? Or, did the super hydration dilute stop it from making it into his pee?
I think he just got lucky. Pee that is too clear is seen as a red flag and usually results in an inconclusive test that needs to be redone.

Smell My Finger

Wow, reading comprehension pretty low. question not about driving impaired. Question is about testing positive for weed from random drug test with NO relation to driving impaired.

Imagine using cannabis infused cream to treat your flaming hemorrhoids. Won't get you high but will get you a positive test result. Then what happens?
"Flaming Hemorrhoids"? Dude, that's just nasty, you need Jesus in your life!

Ssgcraig

Sure but for pot you can test positive for a month after use.
Correct, which is why right now it's illegal when it comes to driving. You smoke Saturday, next Friday interview for Uber job, drug test you fail.

Answer is? You can't have THC in your body. Find another substance that has under 48 hour elimination time. I suggest cocaine, but now a days it's laced with fentanyl. Alcohol is legal in 50 states and has a short life span in your body.

Or, just do not use any substance?

Mtbsrfun

Pot is easy to mask because it’s not water soluble. All you need to do is drinking a bunch of water 45-90 minutes before your test and take a couple b vitamins. The riboflavin in the bcomplex is excreted through your renal system as yellow and the water diluted your urine. If they suspect dilution they test creatine levels so taking some of that can help too.

Hence yellow urine that has an acceptable THC PPM below the threshold. Works every time, even for $300 GCMS tests.

And Craig, amphetamines and opiates are water soluble so they will be easier to detect if recently used and my dilution trick will not work as the water will only pull more out. I can smoke today and piss clean tomorrow or I can rail a few lines and piss dirty for a week.

JayBeKay

I knew someone who always had a bottle of Quick fix close by in case a random drug test was required. Worked perfectly.

Daisey77

Are there states where Uber and Lyft are doing random drug screens? Living in a recreationally legal state, I know employers or companies are privately-owned so they can set whatever rules they want. If they don't want you smoking weed you can't smoke weed.
Not with piss tests nowadays, maybe up to a week.
Nope piss test still show positives up to 4 weeks old. Marijuana stays in your system for up to 4 weeks. I did hear there's a new swab that they can use to swab your mouth and that will pick up if it's been used within the last 24 hours but that is a brand new thing on the market. Until there is a proven efficacy I don't know how well that would stand up in court. Which might be why not a lot of places are using it yet.
Not here. They have to cook up another reason to fire you. Of course, they will. Just like you can't shuffle a pax for having a service dog, you have to cook up a different reason.

Q. What if an applicant tests positive in a preemployment drug test?

A. You cannot refuse to hire the applicant automatically. Employers cannot discriminate against an applicant for medical marijuana use if the applicant is a registered cardholder. Determine whether the applicant is a registered cardholder. If so, the employer cannot base the hiring decision on the applicant’s medical marijuana use outside of work. If marijuana use outside of work poses a safety risk, you may be able to refuse to hire the applicant. In addition, an employer who would lose a federal license by employing a marijuana user is not required to employ the individual. This analysis is complex and it is recommended that you seek legal advice in this situation.

Q. What if a current employee tests positive for marijuana on a drug test?

A. You cannot automatically terminate the employee. Determine whether the employee is a registered cardholder. If so, and the employee was not using marijuana at the workplace and was not impaired on the job, then the employer may not terminate, discipline or discriminate against the employee. Marijuana will be treated like any other lawfully prescribed drug that may impair an employee’s functioning at work.
That is for medicinal marijuana not recreational. With Recreational marijuana, absolutely the employer can choose to hire you are not if your pre-employment drug screen comes back positive. It is their discretion. Just like a post-accident drug screen or random

Kodyhead

Are there states where Uber and Lyft are doing random drug screens? Living in a recreationally legal state, I know employers or companies are privately-owned so they can set whatever rules they want. If they don't want you smoking weed you can't smoke weed.

Nope piss test still show positives up to 4 weeks old. Marijuana stays in your system for up to 4 weeks. I did hear there's a new swab that they can use to swab your mouth and that will pick up if it's been used within the last 24 hours but that is a brand new thing on the market. Until there is a proven efficacy I don't know how well that would stand up in court. Which might be why not a lot of places are using it yet.

That is for medicinal marijuana not recreational. With Recreational marijuana, absolutely the employer can choose to hire you are not if your pre-employment drug screen comes back positive. It is their discretion. Just like a post-accident drug screen or random
Mouth tests are even more unreliable and only tells you within the past couple of hours consumption

Btw your car can go up to 160 mph

Daisey77

Mouth tests are even more unreliable and only tells you within the past couple of hours consumption

Btw your car can go up to 160 mph
Right . which is exactly what we need regarding DUIs for marijuana. Currently there's no accurate way to really test for being under the influence of marijuana. There's no breathalyzer or roadside. They can force them to go down to the station and do blood work but as we know, if they've consumed any THC in the previous 4 weeks it could show up. So not only is it a pain in the ass to take everyone down to the station you suspect could be under the influence of marijuana, the results aren't going to prove they were currently under the influence. If these swabs can test even up to the last for 6 hours, that's good. That's all we need

Now, what about my car? 160?

Uberbrent

I’ve seen a lot of posts of what employers can and can’t do for employees that test positive...unless you work for Uber corporate (or reside on California) you are not an employee. They can dismiss ICs for any reason they feel necessary.

welikecamping

I may be late to the party, but ever since having to stand in line to get a cup, then stand in line to line up at a trough with fifty other sailors, some probably peeking at my junk, and pee in a cup to get my monthly rations, I've been opposed to drug testing of any sort. Since my experience in the service, which I still have issues over, I've sworn to never work for a company that does drug testing as a condition of employment.

I understand all the pro/con arguments, but for me, it's a personal issue. Much like I am opposed to DNA testing for insurance or "genealogical" purposes. I survived a very fine career in the IT world, working for organizations that I chose to work for. If uber or lyft decide it is necessary and make it a requirement, well then, I guess I'm back to really enjoying my retirement.

Fuzzyelvis

Generally, there are no penalities for failing a drug test other than a treatment center or not getting a job. In some states, companies are forced to send someone to treatment before they can be fired. I would assume independent contractors can be fired though.
Btw, NY is trying to make it illegal to test for weed
I used to work with a guy who was a drug addict. He managed to keep his job because drug ADDICTION is considered a disability. He did go into treatment and was not taking any drugs when I worked with him. But I heard horror stories about his behavior before treatment from other workers and from him. He told me all this when I asked how he had managed to keep his job. But even if he'd relapsed, once he played the disability card they would have a hard time firing him so long as he went back into treatment.

Daisey77

I’ve seen a lot of posts of what employers can and can’t do for employees that test positive...unless you work for Uber corporate (or reside on California) you are not an employee. They can dismiss ICs for any reason they feel necessary.
Hell here in Colorado they can fire employees without a reason. An employer can fire an employee with no reason and an employee can quit with no reason