• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Consequences of Random Drug Test Failure

UberBeemer

By saying caught I implied convicted.
I would agree, and am not happy that it takes several in some cases before you lose your license. But that said, it is even scarier that many will drive anyway, and that means they are most likely uninsured to boot.

tohunt4me

Major oil companies have tested for Synthetic Weed also for at least 4 years.

No one can detect L.S.D. without a spinal tap.

Be safe.

Only do LSD.

Humming " Are you experienced"- Jimi Hendrix

Attachments

SurgeMasterMN

You guys all need to be in the random drug/ alcohol test pool. What happens if you test positive for weed?

Does it make a difference if you are in a state where rec or medical use is legal?

I was looking at the PUC (california) guidelines and don't any penalties associated with failure. Only requirement I found is to have drivers enrolled in a program. Can't find anything regarding penalties for testing positive for weed or anything else.

Anyone have experience or knowledge?
You guys all need to be in the random drug/ alcohol test pool. What happens if you test positive for weed?

Does it make a difference if you are in a state where rec or medical use is legal?

I was looking at the PUC (california) guidelines and don't any penalties associated with failure. Only requirement I found is to have drivers enrolled in a program. Can't find anything regarding penalties for testing positive for weed or anything else.

Uber_Yota_916

anyone who gets a DWI while driving under the influence of pot deserves what they get. Usually caught by smoking in their car while driving.

A little common sense goes a long way.

TBone

Generally, there are no penalities for failing a drug test other than a treatment center or not getting a job. In some states, companies are forced to send someone to treatment before they can be fired. I would assume independent contractors can be fired though.
Btw, NY is trying to make it illegal to test for weed

Ssgcraig

Uber will just go by federal law, it's illegal. I don't think any driving job will ever allow THC, too hard to determine when you consumed the THC.

SurgeMasterMN

Uber will just go by federal law, it's illegal. I don't think any driving job will ever allow THC, too hard to determine when you consumed the THC.
Wonder if u have a medical card if that would negate the law? Just like alcohol as long as you give yourself time and do not drive while doing either I think it is alright.

People in general just need to use common sense. Have fun be safe and responsible.

Yes.... Ants 🐜 have to party too 🎉 from time to time and are usually getting hauled around by other ants.

Ssgcraig

Wonder if u have a medical card if that would negate the law? Just like alcohol as long as you give yourself time and do not drive while doing either I think it is alright.

People in general just need to use common sense. Have fun be safe and responsible.

Yes.... Ants 🐜 have to party too 🎉 from time to time and are usually getting hauled around by other ants.
Federal law states it is illegal. If you hold a federal job, you can't have THC in your system. No card authorizes the use of THC a the federal level. Testing for alcohol is easy because it is out of your system quick. THC takes around 30 days, not so easy to determine if someone is stoned while driving.