1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Consequences of Random Drug Test Failure

Discussion in 'Licensed' started by headtheball, Jul 11, 2018.

1. headtheball

headtheball

You guys all need to be in the random drug/ alcohol test pool. What happens if you test positive for weed?

Does it make a difference if you are in a state where rec or medical use is legal?

I was looking at the PUC (california) guidelines and don't any penalties associated with failure. Only requirement I found is to have drivers enrolled in a program. Can't find anything regarding penalties for testing positive for weed or anything else.

Anyone have experience or knowledge?

2. Uber's Guber

Uber's Guber

Driving:
    UberX
    Whether medical or recreational in your state, an employer can fire or deny you employment at their discretion for marijuana usage. Uber considers it an illegal substance as well.

MHR likes this.
  3. Kodyhead

Kodyhead

Driving:
    UberSUV
    It's still illegal federally. And it also involves transportation.

Yes we may be able to buy weed legally and possibly buy bread and pasta by dime bags one day, but we are not there yet.

4. Even if it was legal, you can still get a DUI in a legal state.

5. headtheball

headtheball

Sure but for pot you can test positive for a month after use.

6. BigJohn

BigJohn

Driving:
    UberX
    Whether or not you are able to use/consume pot or alcohol or other such controlled substances where you reside has nothing to do with driving, whether your personal vehicle or for Uber or whatever.

If you are caught driving under the influence of a controlled substance like pot or alcohol the penalty is a DUI convection and penalty. That DUI convection and penalty can cost you several hundred dollars to several thousand dollars. Oh, Driving under the influence of pot or alcohol can also have other ramifications, such as property damage, bodily injury or even DEATH.

IMHO, ANYONE caught driving under the influence of any controlled substance should at an absolute minimum lose their driver's license for life. Period.

7. headtheball

headtheball

Wow, reading comprehension pretty low. question not about driving impaired. Question is about testing positive for weed from random drug test with NO relation to driving impaired.

Imagine using cannabis infused cream to treat your flaming hemorrhoids. Won't get you high but will get you a positive test result. Then what happens?

8. BigJohn

BigJohn

Driving:
    UberX
    Rules are rules. Break them and suffer the consequences. Nobody is forcing you to use a cream that contains a controlled substance.

Uber's Guber likes this.
  9. Kodyhead

Kodyhead

Driving:
    UberSUV
    Not with piss tests nowadays, maybe up to a week.

Just dont switch to synthetic weed, it causes seizures and or episodes of excited delirium and you may wake up in a hospital handcuffed to a bed. Maybe in a few days they will show you a video where it took 8 cops to hold you down lol

But you will pass a drug test lol

But seriously smoke the real stuff and try to beat the tests if you have to, never use synthetic

SurginGeneral likes this.
  10. Uber's Guber

Uber's Guber

Driving:
    UberX
    OMG, is that the newest BS excuse for failing a drug test? It use to be the “but, I ate a muffin covered in poppy seeds” excuse.

11. headtheball

headtheball

which is the question. what are the consequences? kicked out forever or take a class or something?

12. BigJohn

BigJohn

Driving:
    UberX
    Uber's policy is that if a "driver" is convicted of a drug or alcohol violation, that person will have their account permanently deactivated. Uber does a background check upon application and now periodically. (I do not know if it is annually or what.) A background check will find a drug or alcohol conviction.

IF you are operating as a licensed TCP and are required to be in a drug/alcohol random testing program, what happens if you fail a test is up to the employee/contractor.

As a former truck driver, the last place I worked their policy was that if a driver or independent contractor failed a test, they had 2 choices: Voluntarily quit or go into a treatment program. If the treatment program was completed then after 30 days could come back to work. Second offensive was permanent firing.

Uber has a zero tolerance policy so if a person was required to do a random test and failed, that would lead to permanent deactivation of the account.

13. Kodyhead

Kodyhead

Driving:
    UberSUV
    Best case scenario might be another test, but I doubt it, most likely permanent deactivation.

And I dont think its uber, they are probably against the drug test cause they want more drivers lol, its probably the city or state that wanted the drug test

14. Uber's Guber

Uber's Guber

Driving:
    UberX
    Uber lobbied against drug testing and fingerprinting in this state, but it's exactly as you said, "cause they want more drivers."
    Uber's concern is the cost of drug testing and fingerprinting would keep many ants from being able to afford the cost of applying. However, Uber will deactivate if something shows up in a background check.

15. TwoFiddyMile

TwoFiddyMile

Driving:
    Taxi
    Your ******* shrinks?

I appologize...
    Still funny tho.

16. TBone

TBone

Who is drug testing you for Uber Black? Are you a paid driver or do you own the business.?
    Is this an insurance thing? I just noticed they dropped the uber black car requirements in my city and thinking about getting a car.
    Now if i could just figure out how much money ill lose driving a Panamera lol

17. Texie Driver

Texie Driver

Driving:
    UberX
    Not here. They have to cook up another reason to fire you. Of course, they will. Just like you can't shuffle a pax for having a service dog, you have to cook up a different reason.

Q. What if an applicant tests positive in a preemployment drug test?

A. You cannot refuse to hire the applicant automatically. Employers cannot discriminate against an applicant for medical marijuana use if the applicant is a registered cardholder. Determine whether the applicant is a registered cardholder. If so, the employer cannot base the hiring decision on the applicant’s medical marijuana use outside of work. If marijuana use outside of work poses a safety risk, you may be able to refuse to hire the applicant. In addition, an employer who would lose a federal license by employing a marijuana user is not required to employ the individual. This analysis is complex and it is recommended that you seek legal advice in this situation.

Q. What if a current employee tests positive for marijuana on a drug test?

A. You cannot automatically terminate the employee. Determine whether the employee is a registered cardholder. If so, and the employee was not using marijuana at the workplace and was not impaired on the job, then the employer may not terminate, discipline or discriminate against the employee. Marijuana will be treated like any other lawfully prescribed drug that may impair an employee’s functioning at work.

18. UberBeemer

UberBeemer Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    That seems kind of severe. How about allowing due process and waiting until someone is convicted first?

19. Texie Driver

Texie Driver

Driving:
    UberX
    synthetic marijuana caused the death of my cousin's barely-adult son.
    please do not use that garbage, please.

20. BigJohn

BigJohn

Driving:
    UberX
    By saying caught I implied convicted.

UberBeemer likes this.