Consequences of Lyft's Personal Power Zones

New2This

This was my last week of PT Multiplier on Lyft

20190419_124044.jpg

Since the PPZ this is my Lyft production this week

20190419_122854.jpg

I flat out refuse to be gaped by Lyft. Charging riders PT and giving us nothing. In the immortal words of V.P. Cheney "GFY Lyft!"

I still leave the app on but let pings time out. Doing my part for the IPO and platform reliability.

240BIGWINO

This was my last week of PT Multiplier on Lyft

View attachment 313194

Since the PPZ this is my Lyft production this week

View attachment 313190

I flat out refuse to be gaped by Lyft. Charging riders PT and giving us nothing. In the immortal words of V.P. Cheney "GFY Lyft!"

I still leave the app on but let pings time out. Doing my part for the IPO and platform reliability.

You have got to educate me on how to hit those numbers with percentage PT. 21 rides, 20 hours great job!

fredfighter

If I get 500 pings in that time.
500 x 15 seconds = 7500 wasted seconds for passengers.
Anything to make the whole thing run a bit more smoothly.

7500 wasted seconds = 2 hrs 5 mins of wasting passengers time.
Hey, it does enough.

You mean like, you are @@@@ing over the passengers because you are pissed at Lyft?

I have to wonder why, after a few days of that, Lyft hasn't dropped you.

GGDaddy

You mean like, you are @@@@ing over the passengers because you are pissed at Lyft?

Richard Branson has famously said that he doesn’t worry about his customers. He worries about his employees, and his employees take care of his customers when they are happy with the company.

In this case, since Lyft does not take care of its “partners” then we sometimes choose not to take care of Lyft’s customers. Ditto for Uber, which even acknowledges as such in its IPO filing, citing that future lowered driver incentives might degrade future customer service.

They know they’re screwing us. Only newbies and suckers take it in the backside and keep sucking up to entitled paxholes. The rest of us are just doing our part to support Richard Branson’s thesis. Because who doesn’t like Richard Branson?!?

New2This

It takes 15 seconds for a ping to count down.

4 drivers do this is one minute, plus the time to move the ping from driver to driver.

If Becca has to wait a whole extra minute to get a ride to her SoulCycle class that's the equivalent of putting bamboo shoots under fingernails for ADHD millennials.

Last edited:

Nats121

If I get 500 pings in that time.
500 x 15 seconds = 7500 wasted seconds for passengers.
Anything to make the whole thing run a bit more smoothly.

7500 wasted seconds = 2 hrs 5 mins of wasting passengers time.
Hey, it does enough.
Doesn't lyft's app eventually time out after several pings are ignored or declined?

Uber's app certainly times out.
Post automatically merged:

Richard Branson has famously said that he doesn’t worry about his customers. He worries about his employees, and his employees take care of his customers when they are happy with the company.

In this case, since Lyft does not take care of its “partners” then we sometimes choose not to take care of Lyft’s customers. Ditto for Uber, which even acknowledges as such in its IPO filing, citing that future lowered driver incentives might degrade future customer service.

They know they’re screwing us. Only newbies and suckers take it in the backside and keep sucking up to entitled paxholes. The rest of us are just doing our part to support Richard Branson’s thesis. Because who doesn’t like Richard Branson?!?
Uber, lyft, and all the "gig'' companies' business models couldn't be more opposite Branson's approach if they tried.

We need a lot more Richard Bransons.

fredfighter

Reminds me of the three explorers captured by pygmies. For tresspassing on their lands the pygmies sentenced them to death. Each day one man was to be skinned alive and his skin made into a canoe.

So on the first day they asked the first man if he had a last request. He asked for a cigarette. So they gave him a cigarette and after he smoked it they skinned him alive while the other two watched and made his skin into a canoe.

On the second day, they asked the second man if he had a last request. He asked for a knife. They gave him a knife and he cut his own throat. So they skinned his dead body and made his skin into a canoe.

On the third day they asked the remaining man if he had a last request, but told him he could not have a knife. After thinking a bit, he asked for a fork. So they gave him a fork and he began stabbing himself all over his body with the fork. "What are you doing?", asked the pygmies. "F our canoe, I'm gonna leak!" replied the man.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will on Monday at the Meetup.

Here's a hint: DF....

I must be out of the loop and living under a rock. what is DF? Meetups? is that those times when they're essentially greeting new drivers? I don't think we have those in D/FW area. They use to have something around afternoon rush hour, and I realized I could be out driving, earning some money, as opposed to showing up, eating some half-ass tasting pizza, and watching the reps try to avoid anyone who had a real question.

I must be out of the loop and living under a rock. what is DF? Meetups? is that those times when they're essentially greeting new drivers? I don't think we have those in D/FW area. They use to have something around afternoon rush hour, and I realized I could be out driving, earning some money, as opposed to showing up, eating some half-ass tasting pizza, and watching the reps try to avoid anyone who had a real question.

DC lingo. If you don't know, you don't know.