• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Consecutive trip promotion blunder

Do you agree with my remedy

• Total voters

Beak

Promotion: 3 consecutive rides for 9.50
Gist: start 1st trip within specificed hours and zone, following rides can be anywhere, anytime
Catch: stay online, no expired requests, no driver cancellations, rider cancel doesnt break streak but doesnt count.

Rider 1. Within time and zone. No issue
Rider 2. Immediete accept. No issue
Rider 3. Gets in car, continue to destination, app glitches rider cancelled trip. Rider claims he didnt cancel and wants to go to destination.

Problem: cant go offline to take him to destination or risk promotion. Cant reject or miss incoming pings or risk promotion. Rider refuses to exit vehicle and says uber will make a trip adjustment for time and mileage after trip (which he is right they will)

Result: forced to miss incoming ping while convincing the rider to exit vehicle at cancellation location.

Conclusion: 2 hours of nonsensical uber support explaining situation and not receiving promotion.

Remedy: claimed a item left in vehicle returned. Item - the rider. Drop off location- original destination. 15.00 return item credit to me and charged to the rider.

Notes: so stupid to have to choose between good service and promotions. When both can be accomplished with rational support and a fair uber environment.

I'm here to make money not deal with bullshit.

SLuz

I got Consec-trip two and after drop off; rated passanger & went to look at pay and suddenly no network connection. Checked Lyft and it worked fine. Drove around to see if it was location and it was not. Eventually no choice but to reset network settings to get Uber app back and it logged me offline during the reset and erased my consecutive streak: while Lyft kept me online through the reset. Checked my rides and it said that ride was canceled as well. Seems strange but I know support is a waste of time; so just shut Uber off and drove for Lyft the rest of the night.

steveK2016

Promotion: 3 consecutive rides for 9.50
Gist: start 1st trip within specificed hours and zone, following rides can be anywhere, anytime
Catch: stay online, no expired requests, no driver cancellations, rider cancel doesnt break streak but doesnt count.

Rider 1. Within time and zone. No issue
Rider 2. Immediete accept. No issue
Rider 3. Gets in car, continue to destination, app glitches rider cancelled trip. Rider claims he didnt cancel and wants to go to destination.

Problem: cant go offline to take him to destination or risk promotion. Cant reject or miss incoming pings or risk promotion. Rider refuses to exit vehicle and says uber will make a trip adjustment for time and mileage after trip (which he is right they will)

Result: forced to miss incoming ping while convincing the rider to exit vehicle at cancellation location.

Conclusion: 2 hours of nonsensical uber support explaining situation and not receiving promotion.

Remedy: claimed a item left in vehicle returned. Item - the rider. Drop off location- original destination. 15.00 return item credit to me and charged to the rider.

Notes: so stupid to have to choose between good service and promotions. When both can be accomplished with rational support and a fair uber environment.

I'm here to make money not deal with bullshit.
If the pax cancels the trip they get the boot. I don't move unless theres a trip in app. Period. Non-negotiable. End of story. Theyre free to request an XL which will likely come to me, otherwise, GET OUT!

RDWRER

Problem: Rider claims he did not cancel and wants to go to his original destination.

Solution: Rider pulls out his phone and rerequests the trip using his current position as the pickup location.

Addendum: If rider refuses for any reason then rider gets ejected, by law enforcement if need be. You accept all incoming ride requests during this time to maintain the streak.