Confused about Vehicle Model Year

kevbot

Hey guys, I'm thinking about driving for Uber and Lyft, and I'm a little confused about what the minimum model year is for each. I live in Baton Rouge, but I'm thinking of driving New Orleans as well. I've tried Google to find out vehicle requirements, but I see different information. Some websites say 2002, some say 2006 as the oldest year for Baton Rouge. Does anyone have a definite answer, or can point me in the right direction? Thanks to all

MZ1091206

According to Uber's website, 15 model years old or newer (had to dig for that nugget of info). I would go ahead and try to sign up with your vehicle information and see if it lets you.

kevbot

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks, I actually don't have a vehicle at the moment. I'm shopping around for one, and that's the reason I'm trying to figure out the model year. Uber may be at 15 model years, but I think state or city overrules that.

MZ1091206

I think you're right. I remember seeing something one time about Baton Rouge being 10 years? But I couldn't find it anywhere. Good luck!

tohunt4me

Thanks, I actually don't have a vehicle at the moment. I'm shopping around for one, and that's the reason I'm trying to figure out the model year. Uber may be at 15 model years, but I think state or city overrules that.
Buy a NEW car for Uber !