Confused about earning boost

Thaiguy8904

So I've been away from uber the past couple of weeks. Never seen earning boost before. Do the trips have to begin in the core? Doesn't mention anything in the app. Thanks gents.

Noy

As of now I believe only on core has boost until 3pm. Boost depends on what metal are u in.. somehow I didn't get the email but I see the promotions in my app..

UberHelot

Different metal tiers get different boosts. Core LA always higher boost. I NEVER get emails, but it will show boost times in your app, tap on core, or entire LA county to highlight. Comes up with a black outline instead of red. It will show times and rates.

UberHelot

Oh yeah, as for having to "begin in the core", to count for your trip total, for the different tiers, 25, 45 or 75, any trip in started anywhere in LA county counts.

hy1368

So these boosts show up to anyone in LA core?
I think you need to complete certain amount of rides in order to be qualified for medals the FOLLOWING week.I did 60 riders last week amd got gold medals.I did not recieve any emails but the boost shows on my app.

AhmedTitef

I think you need to complete certain amount of rides in order to be qualified for medals the FOLLOWING week.I did 60 riders last week amd got gold medals.I did not recieve any emails but the boost shows on my app.
Thats the answer i was looking for. Thanks

Adieu

Got metals emails once or twice weeks or months ago....not in LA core, hardly ever do Uber and in a different county, so got exactly no clue whatsoever

UberIsAllFubared

I have gotten the emails every week until this week, but the boost still shows up in my app. My guess, since they went to the trouble of integrating it in every ride that qualifies, the boost is here to stay, which is great, cause otherwise I doubt I would drive for just .99 a mile. When they started this incentive their big pushing point was no requirements like acceptance rate. However, for the first time, I noticed in the app there is a box now for requirements, so my guess is down the road there will be a acceptance rate requirement.

I know in order to get platinum status you have to complete 75 rides the week before, and the rides have to have started in LA county. For the earning boost, you get the boost where the ride starts. So if the ride starts in the LA core, but takes you out of the core, you still get the LA Core boost rate.