Confirming drivers are wearing a mask

everydayimubering

Better be safe than sorry!
Study shows taxi / RS drivers among top 100 jobs most exposed to Coronavirus.
Post automatically merged:

You could minimize glasses fogging up by moving the mask to just cover the tip of your nose and mold the top edge securely below your cheekbone as tight as comfortably possible. Also, always exhale thru your nose - not your mouth. Try it.

Last edited:

Soldiering

Cloth masks can be hand washed daily and air dried. I hand wash mine every night and hang it up, its clean and dry by morning.

View attachment 461884

I got my masks from theleisurelab.com Crazy thing is most are sold out now but there are still a few designs available. All masks are between 5-7 bucks plus shipping. These can be hand washed daily and air dried.
Hmm 😒 nice top.......oh an mask

everydayimubering

I’m not wearing a mask period. Uber or Lyft is no position to force their health advice on me.
1. Uber won't let you login unless you take a selfie with the mask on.
2. Uber has instructed riders to report drivers who don't wear a mask;
Likewise, drivers are asked to refuse riders without masks.
3. Too many reports on drivers not wearing masks results in warnings and eventual deactivations.
The choice is yours to make, and the consequences are yours to live or die with.

Buck-a-mile

may I say NO and hell no? Not on my ride.

It can get worse. My other gig is going to require plastic shield between driver and pax. But at least THEY are going to pay and source it, not the poor driver......
Honda designed one for new cars.
I don't know if they put it in production.

Clevername

Agree, if you don't have a dash cam doing rideshare you are asking for trouble. Just having a dash cam visible is a great deterrent.
Never had a dash cam, never had a problem, over ten thousand rides. But that's just me. I get that lots of drivers wouldn't drive without one.

Cloth masks can be hand washed daily and air dried. I hand wash mine every night and hang it up, its clean and dry by morning.

View attachment 461884

I got my masks from theleisurelab.com Crazy thing is most are sold out now but there are still a few designs available. All masks are between 5-7 bucks plus shipping. These can be hand washed daily and air dried.
How long did it take to, um, line "everything" up? Fine job!

Last edited:

Buck-a-mile

YOU THERE.
Get back in line!
Be quiet!
DO WHAT YOU ARE TOLD by your superiors.
We know what is best for you.

NOW, PUT ON THE MASK, sit down and shut up.
or you will be punished
"Raise your right hand,
Do you promise to covit property, propriety, Surety, security, and promise not to hurt the state. Say what.... WHAT?
Sit down"

Firesign Theatre circa 1973

You have to say it fast.

doyousensehumor

I'll wear the mask, but I'm not going to insist the pax wear one. Currently about 1 in 10 have a mask on. I only keep mine handy so that when I see a pax with one, I also put mine on as a courtesy.

I'm not one of these right wing nutjobs that thinks that the virus was engineered to allow the gov't to impose restrictions on us or that it's a complete hoax, but I'm also not convinced that my life is somehow at risk.

Yesterday I picked up a pax that had a mask on. He saw me put mine on and asked if I only put it on for pax that had one on. He caught on to my tactic pretty quick. I told him that only 1 in 10 or so actually have one on. He said that's all good and dandy until they're in the hospital and can't breathe.

Here in Utah, we've had 558 hospitalizations as of May 15. And 78 deaths. We have approximately 3 million people in the state.

That's a 0.018% chance of getting hospitalized from the virus. Those are odds I'm willing to take. :roflmao:

Prior to that he told me that Volvo's are reliable. He lost all credibility at that point anyways.
You seem reasonable.

I am not seeing it realistic to enforce all pax have masks with an iron fist. At least in my market.

UberBastid

I worked in the chemical industry for a lot of years. We used to have a problem with people who wouldn't wear their safety glasses except on day shift.

Eventually every company started enforcing it. And now people wouldn't dream of going out into the plants without them.
I drove a fork lift as a lad when I lived in Michigan.
One of the largest iron foundry's in the county.

I was OUTSIDE, in the lot where we parked the trailers ... on my break.
Kicked back smoking a cigarette, feet up on the steering wheel.

When I got done foreman told me to report to his office.
I got written up for not having my safety glasses on, and warned that a second event would be much worse than a stern talking to.

When you clocked in you put them on.
When you clocked out you can take them off.

Only exception was the lunch room, or rest rooms.

Oscar Levant

My problem is that I wear glasses. Breathing with a mask or scarf fogs up my glasses. Several pax have said the same thing. Usually, pax will ask permission to drop the mask and I will ask permission for mine.

kind of like dogs sniffing butts, now that I think of it.....
Yeah, I wear glasses and I can't put the mask over my nose, or my glasses fog up. But, if you put the mask just slightly below your nostrils (you must breath through your nose ) NO ONE will notice or care, trust me and it won't fog up your glasses.

Maybe they will invent glasses with defoggers like cars have.

Hah!

Try finding a mask that has nose wire. It fits a little more snuggly on the bridge of your nose so glasses don’t fog up.
The N95s have it.

The operative word is "finding". I have had a mask order on Amazon for 6 weeks. It's now 3 weeks late. No store has any in stock. I've bought a bandana, and added a rubber band to make it fit.

There is a mass shortage of masks, because people have been ordered (panicked) into buying them. But, there really is no proof of the effectiveness.
I know of a restaurant in San Diego that sells surgicals for $1 each, and n95s for $5 each.
But, you have to show up in person. If you are ever in San Diego ( north county ) PM me.

SpinalCabbage

I just spent almost an hour on the phone with support, she supposedly checked everything and "verified" that we will get paid a cancellation fee...

I believe her 🤔 not really.
Make sure to loiter in the general area for 5 minutes before cancelling for no mask. The algorithm has always seemed to not balk at paying when the 5-minute rule is obeyed. I see no reason to believe this will be any different.

Denver Dick

all I see is a setup for a bunch of false claims... I will wear a mask for the first time Monday...but I am doing zero and I mean zero enforcing of this on my riders....eyes straight ahead and drive!