Concord - vehicle on the spot check - how long

frfu8670

Onboarding Uber Driver here.

Wondering how long the on the spot vehicle inspection takes at the Concord office?

If I arrive there at 5:30pm (they close at 6pm) will that be stretching it?

Thanks

Scotsman

Should be fine. Mine took 10 minutes. The guy even replaced my one of the number plate bulb on the spot as it was not working.

Welcome to the world of Uber and the reality!! :smiles:

Last edited:

Scotsman

Strange! From what I know, they do inspection of every driver's car at the time of registration (before activation). It is a core requirement.

getnoonged

i signed up 2 weeks ago and i'm still waiting on my crim history to come through from them. 2 weeks is dumb. It took 2 business days to get the crim check done for my hire car authority app.

edit: i have no criminal record

MyRedUber

My car was inspected at Concord a couple of months ago. Took about 15 minutes.
But it took over a week for the inspection to appear on my account.

Drk280

The vehicle check is like a maccas drive thru, very fast, two cars at a time, you're going to see how many drivers they are adding daily that your jaw will drop. Still haven't driven into Sydney myself to try, but now with fare cuts and still that huge amount of vehicles I see on the rider app, it's working like a deterrent. C'mon UBER expand the map to the central coast, people here are crying out with some people waiting an hour or more for a taxi.

MyRedUber

you're going to see how many drivers they are adding daily that your jaw will drop.
Over the last eighteen months, I've been to Uber's "office" three times. Every time there's been 20 to 30 new drivers signing up.
Part of Uber's plan is to saturate their market.

uberboy77

The vehicle check is like a maccas drive thru, very fast, two cars at a time, you're going to see how many drivers they are adding daily that your jaw will drop. Still haven't driven into Sydney myself to try, but now with fare cuts and still that huge amount of vehicles I see on the rider app, it's working like a deterrent. C'mon UBER expand the map to the central coast, people here are crying out with some people waiting an hour or more for a taxi.

I know and they sort of promote it like your getting a FREE motor vehicle check...lol

darcy13

Do you have to book or can you just turn up ( its very hard to find a phone number for the Concord office).

The Fan

Do you have to book or can you just turn up ( its very hard to find a phone number for the Concord office).
If you do need pink slip, inspection is not required by uber office.

You can show up there for inspection. Depends on the queue