Comprehensive Insurance

Nice911

Hello guys,

Do I have to let the insurance company know if driving for Uber? And do I have to pay higher premium in that case?

BOB47182

The two options you have are:
1. NRMA Rideshare. Limited to 20 hrs a week, however the argument is always how will they know how many hours you have done.
2. ALLIANCE. No cap on hours however a little more expensive.

Yes it is important to have this type of insurance. If your insurance company finds out you do not and you have accident with a customer on board then they might not cover you. OUCH. Remember if you do have an accident you can get a free replacement car if NON at Fault from KROOZ. Even if At Fault I think they work something out with you.

Nice911

Oops.. I checked with my existing policy provider.. and they don't cover Uber :eek: I have to cancel the policy and apply for another one.. thanks buys for timely help

sharkie 2016

i am insured with nrma and they never told me that when i upgraded for share ride that it was limited to 20 hours that doesnt make sense.

Nice911

just got NRMA'ed.. too expensive.. and I am sure if I need claim, they will find some excuse in that 1 million pages pdf of T&C not to cover..:frown:

sharkie 2016

just got NRMA'ed.. too expensive.. and I am sure if I need claim, they will find some excuse in that 1 million pages pdf of T&C not to cover..:frown:
everything is expensive i cannot believe people complain about costs complain to the government

Howard Cammeray

i am insured with nrma and they never told me that when i upgraded for share ride that it was limited to 20 hours that doesnt make sense.
Me too, but when asked in January they asked the hours i would work..
I said 15 to 25, they were happy with that as i was too.
I think its a whole new game now.
Not looking forward to renewal.

snert

Been with Allianz for nearly a year now, renewal is now $400, same as last year, but, if I want rideshare cover it will be $680..........70% extra.
How can they justify that? Any other business use is $510, looks like we are being singled out once again for special treatment.
What ever happened to anti discrimination laws?