Compare Lyft Fees to Uber Fees

johncarlsbad

For all the drivers who drive both Lyft and Uber take a look at the fees each are taking, and then explain why your still even logging into Uber?

180 Days of change - really Uber???

johncarlsbad

I've been at this for almost four years, and I'm seeing Lyft's share of the market quickly quickly catching up. And take a look at my rides today - all rides being about equal - time almost equal - $10 tips from Lyft customers, $3 from Uber customers (maybe more who knows what Uber stole) IMG_0469.PNG IMG_0470.PNG

I've been at this for almost four years, and I'm seeing Lyft's share of the market quickly quickly catching up. And take a look at my rides today - all rides being about equal - time almost equal - $10 tips from Lyft customers, $3 from Uber customers (maybe more who knows what Uber stole) View attachment 156902 View attachment 156903

That's pre-Lyft's cut, though. (This is a complaint I have about Lyft's real-time earnings numbers. I always think I am doing better than I am.)

Yes, I usually earn more with Lyft, ride to ride. But I get way more rides from Uber. It evens out in the end, IMO.

johncarlsbad

That's pre-Lyft's cut, though. (This is a complaint I have about Lyft's real-time earnings numbers. I always think I am doing better than I am.)

Yes, I usually earn more with Lyft, ride to ride. But I get way more rides from Uber. It evens out in the end, IMO.
I just checked again and that number is after Lyft's fee and upon checking today it's two dollars higher because of a late tip.

I just checked again and that number is after Lyft's fee and upon checking today it's two dollars higher because of a late tip.
I don't understand why your Lyft app would work different from mine or others, but my mind is open. Can you show the actual Payout Activity screenshot, where it lists the gross vs net? After enough times wondering why my payout was less than I expected, I went fishing and discovered that Lyft reports gross on your "earnings" screen, and you have click through (or watch the "Express Pay" amount) for net. If you have found a way around this, I would love to know it.

sissypower

I don't understand why your Lyft app would work different from mine or others, but my mind is open. Can you show the actual Payout Activity screenshot, where it lists the gross vs net? After enough times wondering why my payout was less than I expected, I went fishing and discovered that Lyft reports gross on your "earnings" screen, and you have click through (or watch the "Express Pay" amount) for net. If you have found a way around this, I would love to know it.

Driving History
[from Dashboard]
breaks it down for you.

Kevin4163

For all the drivers who drive both Lyft and Uber take a look at the fees each are taking, and then explain why your still even logging into Uber?

180 Days of change - really Uber???

Lyft's insurance has a $2500 deductible.

But, yes Uber will continue losing customers to Lyft if they keep overcharging them with their upfront pricing scheme.

Driving History
[from Dashboard]
breaks it down for you.
Yes indeed. The "Earnings" number though--the one the original poster was showing--is always pre-fee. If he or she has found a way to fix that, I'd love to know it. It's a pain recalculating on the fly to keep track of actual take. I wish Lyft would change this.

Especially if educate them on the fact that it's happening.

Oddly, the passengers I've had who do the up-front plan all seem happy about it. They must never take out pencil and paper to run the actual numbers...

Wombat7

Yes indeed. The "Earnings" number though--the one the original poster was showing--is always pre-fee. If he or she has found a way to fix that, I'd love to know it. It's a pain recalculating on the fly to keep track of actual take. I wish Lyft would change this.

Oddly, the passengers I've had who do the up-front plan all seem happy about it. They must never take out pencil and paper to run the actual numbers...
That's where we come in. The easy way to determine that they're getting hoarked is by knowing the distance of the ride. At X rates our take is usually very close to about a $1.00/mile. If it's a 12 mile ride and they're paying much over $19 (the extra 4.00 plus fees), they're getting hosed.