Communication breakdown: Cancelled fees returned to pax

OC Lady Uber Driver

Beware of this happening to you...

I received a ping to pick up a man and the pin was bad. I called him to find out where he actually was and he said he was at home, but his pick-up location was at a business. He confused his destination address with the location he actually was, so I told him I'd cancel the trip (and since it took so long to get to the pin, I'd collect the cancel fee.)

Then he orders the Uber again using the same coordinates and I accept and cancel again and then contact Support telling them this man doesn't understand how to use the app and he keeps ordering an uber to come to a business when he's actually at his house and that I called him to confirm this.

Ten days later, both cancel fees were returned to the rider. This isn't right. Why should a driver be penalized because a user doesn't understand the English language well enough to program the Uber rider app to get to where he wants to go?

TomDewey

I received a ping to pick up a man and the pin was bad. I called him to find out where he actually was and he said he was at home, but his pick-up location was at a business. He confused his destination address with the location he actually was, so I told him I'd cancel the trip (and since it took so long to get to the pin, I'd collect the cancel fee.)

Then he orders the Uber again using the same coordinates and I accept and cancel again and then contact Support telling them this man doesn't understand how to use the app and he keeps ordering an uber to come to a business when he's actually at his house and that I called him to confirm this.

Ten days later, both cancel fees were returned to the rider. This isn't right. Why should a driver be penalized because a user doesn't understand the English language well enough to program the Uber rider app to get to where he wants to go?

So, why did u accept the ping again from the same person rather than letting it go>>>>

SorryBluetoothOnly

Of course it's not right. But Uber will try to get away with it. And if your dispute it with your rationale, you'll eventually get it back. This is just the way of the world.