• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

commission amount for previous military veteran drivers

are you a military veteran driver?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rakos

Just ran across this article and am curious if anyone is aware of this commission discount.

"Uber takes less of a commission for military-veteran driver"...

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/my-dad-became-an-uber-driver-170616718.html

may be just a rumor but it MAY be a secret discount that would put more money in your pocket...

and for an old monkey that used to be in the Air Force....no REALLY....

this could be that few cents difference that could make things work better...

Veterans...Good Luck and Good Hunting!

Rakos

DAS-AUTO

I've never heard of this. It'd be nice though, I just retired, after 24+ years of service, a few months ago and that's why I picked up driving uber.

jasper54c

Just ran across this article and am curious if anyone is aware of this commission discount.

"Uber takes less of a commission for military-veteran driver"...

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/my-dad-became-an-uber-driver-170616718.html

may be just a rumor but it MAY be a secret discount that would put more money in your pocket...

and for an old monkey that used to be in the Air Force....no REALLY....

this could be that few cents difference that could make things work better...

Veterans...Good Luck and Good Hunting!

Rakos

After reading your post, I spent sometime researching the UberMilitary option.. From what I found there is no were to sign up or incentive for being a veteran(yet).. UberMilitary is just another one of Uber’s cut-throat recruitment practices for UberX drivers.. As a veteran I looked for that very incentive you mentioned in an effort to shave off as much of my overhead as possible and try to turn a profit.. Now with rideshare insurance being made available in Florida and trying to factor that cost in.. The insurance is a make or brake for me if the rideshare policy is to expensive then from my prospective it's a show stopper.. Also, other driver my want to see what their quote would be adding this rider.. Once an agreement is had with the PTC I'm sure a rideshare policy will be required.. Still waiting for the quote..

Last edited: