1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Commercial Vehicle Insurance Atlanta, GA

Discussion in 'Atlanta' started by Enriquillo, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Enriquillo

Enriquillo

Driving:
    UberSUV
    Any Black/SUV drivers that can recommend commercial insurance companies here in Atlanta, GA? Thanks in advance!

2. UberNorthStar

UberNorthStar

Driving:
    UberX
    I am Uber in Tx & this is how I dealt with the insurance.

Liability
    Commercial -- James River (Uber only)
    Personal -- Library Mutual $89.75/mo

Coll/Comprehend/PIP
    Commercial\
    ………………… Progressive $120.50/mo
    Personal . . . /

I drive a Honda Fit.

Enriquillo likes this.
  3. UberNorthStar

UberNorthStar

Driving:
    UberX
    An Up Date to ^^^^^^

Progressive gave me the quote shown above. Today when I called to take the policy, I was sent to another department because I am doing "livery." It does not matter that I have liability through Uber. Progressive will not sell me a policy unless I purchase their commercial liability ($22,000) also.

The Progressive people I spoke with today can only find a quote from Aug 10. That was one of three. I have the quote from August 10, August 25 (both full coverage), and one from Sept 17 for commercial collision/comp. The last two are on my computer and I can print hard copies of them.

So, now a complaint letter to the Texas Commissioner of Insurance. :mad:

Enriquillo and Papa like this.
  4. For commercial (for hire) auto insurance, I use American Business Insurance as my broker. They're based out of California but I believe they can write taxi/limo insurance policies in all 50 states. The insurance carrier they sell is Tower Insurance - roughly $250 per month per vehicle for my taxi/limo business in Virginia. www.abiweb.com or 1-800-980-1950.

5. UberNorthStar

UberNorthStar

Driving:
    UberX
    ^^^^^^((((UberRVADriver))))^^^^^^

I was feeling down w/the bait & switch Progressive pulled on me yesterday. Thx for the lead!

6. ATLBlackCar

ATLBlackCar

Tower Insurance does not do Limousine, only Taxi.

I reached out to ABIWEB and I got a horrendously large quote for 2 SUV's.

$15,406 per year for both vehicles.

7. Enriquillo

Enriquillo

Driving:
    UberSUV
    I was quoted at $4,800 for the year. I was trying to get into the $250 dollar a month range but I haven't had any luck.

UberNorthStar likes this.
  8. UberNorthStar

UberNorthStar

Driving:
    UberX
    Try Farmers' ins.

I have put in for a quote for full commercial on Honda Fit. Will hear back on Monday. State Farm does commercial, too.

9. rtaatl

rtaatl

Driving:
    UberBLACK
    I'm with ATI...like all the others they're brokers going out pairing you with an insurance carrier. $3800 per year on a sedan. It went up on me from last year....guess who you can thank for that (Uber). Some of these insurance carriers won't accept you commercially if you plan on doing Uber alone.

Enriquillo likes this.
  10. rtaatl

rtaatl

Driving:
    UberBLACK
    For all the UberX drivers, you can't just buy commercial insurance just because. You have to be attached to an authorized carrier in compliance with dept. of public safety. Not to mention the rates are so high UberX fares won't cover them.

11. ATLBlackCar

ATLBlackCar

3800????

Mine was 15k for 2 SUV'sfrom ABI.

Did you mean ABI or ATI?

12. rtaatl

rtaatl

Driving:
    UberBLACK
    ATI...I think it stands for auto town insurance. They're pretty much a broker for personal and commercial insurance. There are a few offices scattered throughout the city.

13. ATLBlackCar

ATLBlackCar

I'll reach out to them, the 15k per year for 2 SUV's at ABI was ridiculous for brand new SUVS with car service experience for 2 drivers.

14. Enriquillo

Enriquillo

Driving:
    UberSUV
    I'm going to check them out. I'm about to get my Class B Limousine Certificate and I need to find coverage by the 1st to be approved by the GPS.

15. rtaatl

rtaatl

Driving:
    UberBLACK
    Just got my class b authority a week ago...good luck

Enriquillo likes this.
  16. ATLBlackCar

ATLBlackCar

I'll keep the thread updated here on the best quotes I find. I reached out to a close friend now whose worked in commercial insurance here in Georgia for nearly 20 years.