Coming to LAX... MPG requirements?

Phill

At SEA airport your vehicle must have a combined MPG of 40 for Lyft and 45 for Uber in order to pickup PAX. Any vehicle can drop off. The requirement applies to base Lyft and UberX only. The requirement is from the Seattle Port Authority.

Wondering if this will be coming to LAX anytime soon????

LoveBC

At SEA airport your vehicle must have a combined MPG of 40 for Lyft and 45 for Uber in order to pickup PAX. Any vehicle can drop off. The requirement applies to base Lyft and UberX only. The requirement is from the Seattle Port Authority.

No, that was an effort by the local taxis.

Phill

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Do you believe everything you see on a website??

Any rule anywhere is in place because someone lobbied for it. Seattle could give a flying F otherwise.
LOL I forgot anything end everything that disadvantages a Rideshare driver is automatically the fault of the taxi lobby!

My point is this might be something we see rolled out at LAX in the near future.

hulksmash

How does high Mpg make a vehicle more worthy of picking up at the airport? If anything it should be weeded out by year or mileage. Only cars with that high mpg are small econobox death traps. The MPG automatically rules out any XL vehicles willng to drop down for X surge, which is a better experience for pax.

somedriverguy

Good to know that pax with luggage aren't allowed to leave the airport. I'll keep that in mind if I ever fly into SEA.

Subjugator

I believe the age of vehicle is different in sandiego for airport pickups. I don't think it's like that in lax though.

Phill

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Good to know that pax with luggage aren't allowed to leave the airport. I'll keep that in mind if I ever fly into SEA.
XL and above are all allowed pickups because they have the equivalent to a TCP license to operate there without the MPG requirement. As I said in my original post...

The requirement applies to base Lyft and UberX only.