• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Coming to an Uber app near you...

New-Member

Now that Lyft just added

Mandatory feedback on low ratings
All passengers will be required to give a reason when they rate a ride less than 5 stars.

I guess Uber won't be far behind, and about time too.

But yet, until they limit how long after a ride pax can rate you, anytime you 1* a pax you're 1*'ing yourself 'cos of the revenge rating you'll get.

treesweets dancer

So it'll say "service quality" or one of the others. I already get those for <5. How does this help?
Post automatically merged:

Now that Lyft just added

All passengers will be required to give a reason when they rate a ride less than 5 stars.

But yet, until they limit how long after a ride pax can rate you, anytime you 1* a pax you're 1*'ing yourself 'cos of the revenge rating you'll get.
I give 1 stars not infrequently. I only get 6-8/500 1 stars. So no. Most people have lives to live.

TuPadre

Now that Lyft just added

I rate 1* pretty much every ride, unless they tip me cash or are extremely nice (genuinely) not the fake ones and I’m 4.93.
Also we all know that if a driver or a pax low rate frequently It doesn’t count.
Who cares about ratings. Fk U/L.

JLaw1719

It doesn’t mean much. Mandatory feedback entails clicking driver issue and then selecting a false complaint like unsafe behavior or driving under the influence. I’d rather just eat the normal one star instead of encouraging random complaints.

New-Member

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
So it'll say "service quality" or one of the others. I already get those for <5. How does this help?

I give 1 stars not infrequently. I only get 6-8/500 1 stars. So no. Most people have lives to live.
They’re prompted to add a comment on the same screen, which helps identify them. For all that matters.

I rate 1* pretty much every ride, unless they tip me cash or are extremely nice (genuinely) not the fake ones and I’m 4.93.
Also we all know that if a driver or a pax low rate frequently It doesn’t count.
Who cares about ratings. Fk U/L.
If you 1* often then you’re not 1*’ing at all cos they get discarded so why bother.

The so called "Revenge ratings" never really bothered me when I gave riders low ratings. The truth of the matter is most riders don't care about their rating and some don't even know they have one.
I can go weeks without any then as soon as I give a couple out magically I get some back. Coincidence maybe but pax are nastier than we give them credit for.
It’s all 5* nowadays, will see what it does to the rating, if only just for kicks. Maybe Uber will start discarding all the 5*s I handout.

JLaw1719

The add comment part doesn’t seem like it’s required though, just from looking at what they say in the email.

TuPadre

They’re prompted to add a comment on the same screen, which helps identify them. For all that matters.

If you 1* often then you’re not 1*’ing at all cos they get discarded so why bother.

I can go weeks without any then as soon as I give a couple out magically I get some back. Coincidence maybe but pax are nastier than we give them credit for.
It’s all 5* nowadays, will see what it does to the rating, if only just for kicks. Maybe Uber will start discarding all the 5*s I handout.
Plain instinct. Sometimes just force to close app and reopen. Rating system is garbage.

Workerant18

Now that Lyft just added

I rarely rate pax, take too much time. I have never one star pax unless I felt that they might complain. So i one star and complain about them 1st. Once I actually one stared a pax in front of them just to get them mad. my friend showed the pax that he had drive over 5,000trips and over 4.9 rating, so my friend told the pax the he can lower the pax rating more than the pax can lower his rating.

treesweets dancer

I can go weeks without any then as soon as I give a couple out magically I get some back. Coincidence
Could be. It's strange it happens to you& not others. Or the interaction that caused u to 1star was mutual. I know I down rate people when I think they're gonna get me. Kinda with a silly hope that if they wanna say I was impaired or something, I'll have a better case if I downrate them too. Like it adds evidence that they'rejust saying that cuz they're a dick.

I only get 6-8 /500. I give more than that. I 1 star so I'll never get them again, usually people with attitudes that make me think they may possibly be the type to file a false serious report like impaired driving.

A few days ago I did about 4 rides. I 1 starred 2 of them (bad mood, why not, @@@@ it). My rating went up a pt that day. It's still there.

But who cares. Give everyone a 5. Superstitions are there to make people happy without actually affecting the real world in any way. That's why I have my magic system for rating where every 7th rider gets a 4 star, unless.....it's all in another post already