• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Coming from BR to drive for Mardi Gras

jmc0505

Do I need to let Uber/Lyft know that im doing this? Can I just turn on the app and start driving? Uber support was less than helpful and said something about another background check?! For real?!

tohunt4me

Do I need to let Uber/Lyft know that im doing this? Can I just turn on the app and start driving? Uber support was less than helpful and said something about another background check?! For real?!
You have to be BACKGROUND CHECKED especially for New Orleans. It is a more thorough check.
I background checked for New Orleans so I can drive New Orleans,Baton Rouge ,& Lafayette.
You may drive down for nothing.

stevedmc

I have a feeling there may not even be a surge today.

I just installed an older version of the passenger app and it is showing ants crawing all over Baton Rouge and Nola.

There are even a few crawling around Livingston Parish and Hammond.

stevedmc

I signed into tge app today telling myself I would only go to Nola today if someone happens to want a ride there from my neck of the woods.

I live way out in Livingston. I signed in this morning and around 9 am I got a ride request from someone in Springfield.

I picked them up and as fate would have it, they were only going to hammond.

Took me 20 minutes to get to the passenger and another 20 minutes to bring her to work.

I made a whopping $10 and I've been sitting in Hammond ever since I dropped her off.

Incidentally, my passenger told me that every single one of her last three drivers were new and said they were going to be driving in nola today and tomorrow.

Lyle

:cool: Got a pickup from Amite to NOLA Car broke down and had in shop . Guess only room available was in Amite. $65 trip , I call the PAX and tell them I am about 20-30 min out. I BTW ask them where they going. Most Pax think we know their destination. If it's a short losing ride , I cancel

stevedmc

:cool: Got a pickup from Amite to NOLA Car broke down and had in shop . Guess only room available was in Amite. $65 trip , I call the PAX and tell them I am about 20-30 min out. I BTW ask them where they going. Most Pax think we know their destination. If it's a short losing ride , I cancel
You are a smarter man than me. I used to kick people out all the time, but I've never called and asked someone where they are going.

Nolagal71

You can just drive around with your labels on and people will flag you down. Sorry I'm posting late but I'm leaving for a cruise Saturday from the undocumented cash I made since Saturday. Get with the program!

stevedmc

You can just drive around with your labels on and people will flag you down. Sorry I'm posting late but I'm leaving for a cruise Saturday from the undocumented cash I made since Saturday. Get with the program!
Thats really not a bad idea. But of course you are screwed if you get in an accident.

Cocobird

Thats really not a bad idea. But of course you are screwed if you get in an accident.
Or you can get in an accident while not doing Uber and the person who you hit sees your sticker and thinks it's time to get PAID!!!

Okay thanks yall :frown:
Did you see the big money that Uber Dude Nola makes? Make sure you tell all your friends about all the money you can make in New Orleans!