Comfort rides more money in Ubers pocket

R3drang3r

Now Uber offers comfort rides. I'm not opposed to that. But once again Uber is getting greedy.

I've been watching these rides and noticed Uber is taking a bigger piece of the pie. Normally as a driver we get approx 70% of the total riders fare on an Uber X ride. Now with the increased fare of an Uber comfort ride Uber is taking an additional 10% only leaving us with about 60% of the total fare. I happen to drive Uber select as well and have noticed that my compensation is only around 60% of the total fare.

Considering that to be eligible to drive in either category (Select/Comfort) you have to be driving a more expensive vehicle. Which means we have higher expenses to operate these vehicles.

Does it cost Uber more money to broker a Select ride or Comfort ride?

Uber seizes every opportunity they can to shove more money in their greedy pockets. Meanwhile the drivers are losing their asses trying to keep up with the rising costs of running their vehicles. Gas has been steadily rising. Is our compensation keeping pace with the rising cost of fuel?

Until we get organized Uber will continue to take advantage of us....

Jupito

Lots of people were ordering XL as a halfway point between select/black and X, some of the time because they just wanted to be sure they didn't a car where their head touches the ceiling. When I first talked to a bunch of XL drivers in the airport lot, I was surprised to learn around half of their rides or more involve only 1-4 PAX. So, I expect that comfort is cutting into XL, and I've seen posts here and reports from local drivers about it cutting into select as well. I'm curious about whether enough people are upgrading from X to comfort that Uber is going to come out ahead when you factor people who were otherwise ordering XL and select/black.

TheDevilisaParttimer

Lots of people were ordering XL as a halfway point between select/black and X, some of the time because they just wanted to be sure they didn't a car where their head touches the ceiling. When I first talked to a bunch of XL drivers in the airport lot, I was surprised to learn around half of their rides or more involve only 1-4 PAX. So, I expect that comfort is cutting into XL, and I've seen posts here and reports from local drivers about it cutting into select as well. I'm curious about whether enough people are upgrading from X to comfort that Uber is going to come out ahead when you factor people who were otherwise ordering XL and select/black.
Are people actually ordering comfort? Or is Uber upgrading them from X to showcase UberComfort?

Jupito

I've heard talk and seen posts to that effect, though I don't have anything close to enough data to speak with authority on the subject. Another theory I've pitched is that uberX will be eliminated, and if you're not willing to pay for comfort, you're stuck with pool. Drivers with cars that aren't comfort eligible will be stuck doing pool as well.

kevin92009

Now Uber offers comfort rides. I'm not opposed to that. But once again Uber is getting greedy.

I've been watching these rides and noticed Uber is taking a bigger piece of the pie. Normally as a driver we get approx 70% of the total riders fare on an Uber X ride. Now with the increased fare of an Uber comfort ride Uber is taking an additional 10% only leaving us with about 60% of the total fare. I happen to drive Uber select as well and have noticed that my compensation is only around 60% of the total fare.

Considering that to be eligible to drive in either category (Select/Comfort) you have to be driving a more expensive vehicle. Which means we have higher expenses to operate these vehicles.

Uber seizes every opportunity they can to shove more money in their greedy pockets. Meanwhile the drivers are losing their asses trying to keep up with the rising costs of running their vehicles. Gas has been steadily rising. Is our compensation keeping pace with the rising cost of fuel?

they know they could get away with it and I am actually hoping that they have there stocks plummet .

Nats121

Uber X drivers are averaging less than 70% these days. Ants who do lots of short rides are getting less than 60%