• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

College kids crashing my rating

uber genesis

my rating stayed around 4.8, my rating friday night was about 4.6 overall after working DC

I work RVA last night and my daily rating is @@@@ing 4.1, lucky I have over 1000 rides so this wont hit me that hard but what bs, i hate the rating system

Belly

I'm trying to understand the rating system. What is Uber's intentions to implement such a rating scale? The "end game" if you will. It's 5 star design is simple and easily understood by the Uber PAX. The Uber PAX demographic has been raised to believe that everybody "gets a trophy" so the expected response for a driver rating would be 5 stars unless something was really wrong. Throw in just a few PAX that don't subscribe to that rating rationale (baby boomers) and who think a 4 is a really great ride and that to rate a 5 would require a foot massage and that is Partner rating situation in a nutshell. Well at least that is what I have perceived after partnering 5 days. Hey?, how do overcome the intoxicated PAX that doesn't rate until they wake up with a hangover and its just "Russian Roulette" about what rating they give. Heck they cant remember calling an Uber during 2.5x peak and are ticked-off about the charge and guess who receives the retaliation? You got it ONE STAR! It is just about impossible to maintain a rating that puts us in a comfort zone when first starting out with Uber. I think that may just be what is intended by Uber, at least it would be if I were designing a cut-throat system. Keep the new drivers on their toes, keep every trip critical to maintaining the partnership and make the "new brooms" sweep clean. The drivers that do not worry about the rating just luck out or are weeded out when they drop below the cut off get ticked off and just leave. Uber does not want anyone that thinks a 4 Star rating is good enough, and on that point I agree. I'm working to get my 4.67 improved! Its is clear though, want good ratings stay away from drunks.

uber genesis

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
i seem to get my assholes on XL rides especially when they refuse to use sense in figuring out how to get into the backseat (an attempt to climb over is an automatic cancel, pissed off a group of hot Asian chicks saturday bc of that, I said, your a freshman aren't you..she said yes, I replied welcome to the real world, request another uber and have a good night)

Belly

This is all meant as Satire and I dont promote of subscribe to this practice but what would happen if you rated every rider in the following manner:

You drunk @@@@@ you moved the Pin = Cancel, rider no show
Continue walking down the street after ordering UBER = Cancel, rider no show
Failed to key in destination address = 1 Star
Slammed the door of my car = 1 Star
Opened the Pizza box and started to EAT = 1 Star
Complain about the wait time at 2:30 AM when your fat ass was sitting at Courtyard Marriott in the bottom and the traffic was at a snails pace down E Cary. = Cancel, Cancel, Kiss my patoot, Cancel
Obviously wasted patron... Mention your phone is on the fritz and you need to use their phone to end the ride so they wont be overcharged. Rate yourself appropriately, Police yourself.
Made me wait for you to come out of the house more than 1 minute after I text that I am waiting at your door, but everything else goes well = 2 Stars
Mean girls/haters but everything else goes well = 3 Stars
Average Ride = 4 Stars
A tip of more than what horse to bet on = 5 stars
Any mature adult that thanks you for having an impeccably clean car and delivering a safe ride at a fantastic value = 5 Stars

I've got the water and mints and hand wipes and tissues and phone charger and aux cable and just for VCU freshmen emesis bags. Next week I hope to have installed a CookOut walk up window in the trunk for after 2 AM pickups.

BryanD

I was getting an overall 5 star for my first 50 trips or so now it dropped to 4.7. Is there a way I can find out the rating that each trip gives me? That way I can mentally play back that trip and try to figure why I got a low rating.

tbob1

It took me a while....but I look at the ratings with "a grain of salt". Douchbags will be @@@@@@bags!

Dutchman

I worked my way up to a solid 4.92 rating (overall) and seemed to be stuck right around that level -- but now that I do Uber much less than I used to, it is pretty weird. I will do about ten trips in a week (again - one or two evenings tops) and get a 5.0 most of the time; but when just one person gives you a four-star rating, it screws up your average like crazy. I got down to a 4.8 overall and now am up to a 4.91 and holding.

It sucks because I offer a charger for any cell phones, SiriusXM satellite radio, bottled water and a clean new Altima for my passengers. I try to always be off good cheer and open doors for them whenever it is feasible. I also give the choice of following THEIR directions or letting Waze give me the best route. Most people don't realize that four stars is a kiss of death for an Uber partner. I always give a five-star rating to every passenger unless they really, really are a jerk, eat in my car or are extra obnoxious. I think I have given two 4-star ratings and I gave three absolute jackasses a 3-star rating (and I was being very kind).

Glad that I don't have to do this full-time, though, and if things pick up more at my day job, I may give it up altogether. Just 11 more child support payments to make. Booyaah!!

SharedRideTruther

I'm trying to understand the rating system. What is Uber's intentions to implement such a rating scale? The "end game" if you will. It's 5 star design is simple and easily understood by the Uber PAX. The Uber PAX demographic has been raised to believe that everybody "gets a trophy" so the expected response for a driver rating would be 5 stars unless something was really wrong. Throw in just a few PAX that don't subscribe to that rating rationale (baby boomers) and who think a 4 is a really great ride and that to rate a 5 would require a foot massage and that is Partner rating situation in a nutshell. Well at least that is what I have perceived after partnering 5 days. Hey?, how do overcome the intoxicated PAX that doesn't rate until they wake up with a hangover and its just "Russian Roulette" about what rating they give. Heck they cant remember calling an Uber during 2.5x peak and are ticked-off about the charge and guess who receives the retaliation? You got it ONE STAR! It is just about impossible to maintain a rating that puts us in a comfort zone when first starting out with Uber. I think that may just be what is intended by Uber, at least it would be if I were designing a cut-throat system. Keep the new drivers on their toes, keep every trip critical to maintaining the partnership and make the "new brooms" sweep clean. The drivers that do not worry about the rating just luck out or are weeded out when they drop below the cut off get ticked off and just leave. Uber does not want anyone that thinks a 4 Star rating is good enough, and on that point I agree. I'm working to get my 4.67 improved! Its is clear though, want good ratings stay away from drunks.
This is why your ratings suck after dealing with over entitled, won a trophy for getting out of bed most days of their lives child-beasts.

Riders have over 7 ways to rate you, and I believe over 24 hours, while you, the Car OWNER, the person doing the rider a favor of your time, gas, wear and tear, have 1 way, and 1 way only to rate these child-beasts.

You ready? here it is

Ugly Cheap Drunk Rider Rating Options.jpg

Welcome to the world of programming folks (and child beasts) to look at you, the car owner, as nothing more than an ugly cheap ride, worthy of a rating that matches the fare.

Unless you have mints, water, an aux cord, and a trophy for them, you are doomed...

William_RVA

I'm tired of people complaining about ratings. I drive a honda civic. It's not a luxury car by any means, but I keep it clean. I don't give riders any water or snacks. I don't ask them if they have a preferred route. I often don't even offer to let them play music unless the ride is longer than 10 minutes.

After 600+ rides I have a 4.92.

The reason I have a high rating is that I know the city really well. I give knowledgeable recommendations of spots to go. I take an optimum route, and I'm polite/courteous. If the vibe's right, I'll even conversationally entertain them.

Now if you've only driven 50 or so trips, your rating will fluctuate and will eventually settle where you deserve. Otherwise, it's your own fault... not UBER's.

Profitability/Liability... now those are whole different issues.

uber genesis

This is all meant as Satire and I dont promote of subscribe to this practice but what would happen if you rated every rider in the following manner:

You drunk @@@@@ you moved the Pin = Cancel, rider no show
Continue walking down the street after ordering UBER = Cancel, rider no show
Failed to key in destination address = 1 Star
Slammed the door of my car = 1 Star
Opened the Pizza box and started to EAT = 1 Star
Complain about the wait time at 2:30 AM when your fat ass was sitting at Courtyard Marriott in the bottom and the traffic was at a snails pace down E Cary. = Cancel, Cancel, Kiss my patoot, Cancel
Obviously wasted patron... Mention your phone is on the fritz and you need to use their phone to end the ride so they wont be overcharged. Rate yourself appropriately, Police yourself.
Made me wait for you to come out of the house more than 1 minute after I text that I am waiting at your door, but everything else goes well = 2 Stars
Mean girls/haters but everything else goes well = 3 Stars
Average Ride = 4 Stars
A tip of more than what horse to bet on = 5 stars
Any mature adult that thanks you for having an impeccably clean car and delivering a safe ride at a fantastic value = 5 Stars

I've got the water and mints and hand wipes and tissues and phone charger and aux cable and just for VCU freshmen emesis bags. Next week I hope to have installed a CookOut walk up window in the trunk for after 2 AM pickups.
Oh hell no, no cookout runs for me, I ask where you going before I click start trip..

uber genesis

I'm tired of people complaining about ratings. I drive a honda civic. It's not a luxury car by any means, but I keep it clean. I don't give riders any water or snacks. I don't ask them if they have a preferred route. I often don't even offer to let them play music unless the ride is longer than 10 minutes.

After 600+ rides I have a 4.92.

The reason I have a high rating is that I know the city really well. I give knowledgeable recommendations of spots to go. I take an optimum route, and I'm polite/courteous. If the vibe's right, I'll even conversationally entertain them.

Now if you've only driven 50 or so trips, your rating will fluctuate and will eventually settle where you deserve. Otherwise, it's your own fault... not UBER's.

Profitability/Liability... now those are whole different issues.
I don't know about that will, every person is different, I use uber when I travel and honest I could care less if they driver knew his way without the GPS, I use the GPS to eliminate any BS of the pax suggest about me taking the wrong or longer way simply bc they aren't familiar with it Yes i took a hit on the ratings but I'm one of the original drivers who started within a few weeks of RVA launching.. many moons ago I was a supervisor for dish network so I know the entire region very well, not that it matters bc I always seem to get the pax that want you to drive their way, even though I explain that it will cost them more

The rating is annoying but I personally am not worried as I have well over 1k trips...Hell I did almost 100 this past weekend alone, I don't provide "extras" 95% of the time but they are in my car if I feel the need to offer

Uber is supposed to be launching UBERSELECT (source is the uber employee that called my last night,shocked me also) here in Q4 so thats the only reason I have a slight concern for my rating

I would suggest anyone driving during the UCI event to use Google maps with traffic turned on

see you guys out there

Keturah Spencer

my rating stayed around 4.8, my rating friday night was about 4.6 overall after working DC

I work RVA last night and my daily rating is @@@@ing 4.1, lucky I have over 1000 rides so this wont hit me that hard but what bs, i hate the rating system
University of Richmond students are the worst. VCU and Virginia Union stud are generally alright.