Coincidence or do i need my tin foil hat?

I went to log on to uber earlier this morning. Uber servers were down. Went to check this forum, forum was down.................

Anyone else notice?

Is it at all possible that this forum is run by uber?..

Probably just a coincidence right haha

Potsy

I went to log on to uber earlier this morning. Uber servers were down. Went to check this forum, forum was down.................

Anyone else notice?

I'm sure just a coincidence but I'm sure uber does keep abreast of what we talk about here.

agtg

Totally possible, and quite likely. You'll note the best way to control what people say is to moderate them. And while not being too heavy handed, squirreling away important subjects related to activism and unification of workers from the tasty-bits where everyone gathers is one simple way to do just that.

everythingsuber

Totally possible, and quite likely. You'll note the best way to control what people say is to moderate them. And while not being too heavy handed, squirreling away important subjects related to activism and unification of workers from the tasty-bits where everyone gathers is one simple way to do just that.
A board where drivers could vent that Uber had control over would be a good idea for them UP has given too much material to the media that is negative for Uber for them to have control over it. They do watch the board of course and have deactivated drivers they have managed to track down but that's not hard to do if you try.

Ben Hall

this forum used to be independantly owned however @ch1cabby (a thorn in ubers arse) has reportedly stopped posting here and on other social media sites. perhaps luber bought the sight and paid him to stay away

Ben Hall

I take offense to that, chi1cabby is not Liss Riordan.
well I wont lose any sleep over that.

You have not replied with a denial that uber has any control or ownership of this forum?

he has not posted on this forum in 6 weeks. Have you rung to ask why it seems he has given up?

Fireguy50

Anyone else notice?

Not the same server farm, not even in the same city.
Uber is in San Francisco
This Forum is in Illinois

Last edited:

agtg

A board where drivers could vent that Uber had control over would be a good idea for them UP has given too much material to the media that is negative for Uber for them to have control over it. They do watch the board of course and have deactivated drivers they have managed to track down but that's not hard to do if you try.
Then I stand corrected. No doubt, their viral marketing team is all over this place. Certain threads stink of marketing and corralling of drivers towards their desired end.

Fireguy50

Correct, if they're stupid enough to enter correct date of birth, gender, name, city, they'll narrow it down fast.
Just date of birth is enough to narrow it down drastically who you are!

UberPig

Uber went down, peeps came here at 20 times the normal load to find out why, server here crashed.... simple.[/QUOTE]
That's what I was thinking
PS someone just gave away their origin... Tunfoil Bro :wink::wink::wink: